Price: $65000
Mileage: 63800
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I am selling my rare 2005 996 Turbo S Manual Coupe

Those who know of these cars will know that they were the "last hurrah" of 996 Turbos, and extremely limited single-year production cars. My car is one of 598 Coupes built worldwide, and many of them were Tiptronic. . .so it's a very rare car for the right Turbo enthusiast or collector.

The 2005 Turbo S was essentially a 996 Turbo, with the addition of X50 package (twin K24 turbos in place of twin K16 turbos), standard ceramic brakes, fully loaded everything, and a few cool details like special GT Silver-colored Turbo Twist wheels. The car is bone stock, except for an Evolution Motorsports Stage 1 ECU flash (done by Sharkwerks). As it sits, the car has approximately 505HP and 502TQ (stock are 444 and 457, respectively). For reference, a standard, stock 996 Turbo has about 420HP. I have owned 15 Porsches, and this is the fastest car I have ever driven; it is on par with a 996 GT2.

This is a California car, and it has 63,XXX miles on the odometer. The original owner used it as a daily driver. I am the second owner, and have put about 3K on it in just under a year.

Overall, the car is in excellent condition. It does have some small paint chips, nicks, and scratches on the front fascia, and a few on the hood. There are also some scuffs on the backside of the passenger's seat, as well as a few other small signs of wear inside, and the "requisite" small cracks that develop at the top of 996 Turbo taillights...but it's very nice for a 10-year-old car that was not a garage queen and has been driven regularly.

The car had a clean Carfax and no signs of accidents or bodywork/paintwork when I purchased it, and that remains true today. I also had a PPI done by Pacific Porsche prior to purchasing the car. I am happy to share the PPI with a serious buyer.

Below are a handful of items I addressed at/after purchasing the car:

• $1500 detail, including headlight lens restoration, May 2014
• 60K service completed, May 2014
• Ceramic brakes (pads and rotors) are essentially brand new (replaced at time of purchase, also in May 2014)
• Oil pressure sender replaced, May 2014
• "Typical" vacuum leak from signal pipe repaired, May 2014
• Clutch slave cylinder replaced, May 2014
• Steering column switch replaced, June 2014
• Power steering fluid pump updated to current 997 version, June 2014 (this should have been done years ago as a service bulletin from Porsche, but the previous owner apparently didn't know that, so I did had it done)
• Front and rear Pirelli tires were purchased in July 2014 and have about 2.5K miles on them; 4 wheel alignment done at same time
• Replaced the entire rear spoiler mechanism (about $2K) due to a leaky hydraulic ram, September 2014
• Fuel pump replaced, December 2014
• Both horns replaced, December 2014
• Brake flush and fluid, December 2014
• Brand new black floor mats and rear deck mat with black "Turbo S" script
• Brand new wheel center caps in the correct color, which required a global search!
• A brand new indoor cover will be included with the sale

I have seen a few of these cars hit the market over the last year. Last I checked, there were none for sale in the U.S., and this was the first and only one I have ever seen in person. It is a special and intoxicating car, and I hope it goes to someone who will appreciate its rarity.

Price is $65,000. I am not looking for trades, and I do not need help selling this car.

Please PM me or email me at c dot harrell at mac dot com if you are an interested, serious buyer. I can provide additional pictures of any part of the car upon request.

Thank you.

Attached Images     
Old 04-19-2015, 07:20 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car. GLWS !

Old 04-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my- this is lovely! Any exhaust or suspension upgrades?

Old 04-26-2015, 03:53 PM
ntrylvl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Oh my- this is lovely! Any exhaust or suspension upgrades?
No exhaust or suspension upgrades. Wanted to keep the car stock (except for the tune), since it is so rare.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:40 PM
To the top...

Old 05-15-2015, 07:26 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Nice car, and an excellent ad as well. glws.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Bump.