Price: $84000
Mileage: 39500
Color: iris blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

THIS CAR IS OFF THE MARKET 15 Jun 15

My wife, Chairman Meow, let me know is no uncertain terms that selling is verboten.
Yes, I do do what she tell me

993 market seems pretty healthy, i had a solid, no BS offer from a reputable buyer within 4% of my asking price on the first day of listing.
For Sale 1996 C4S 39,XXX miles

Iris Blue over Classic Grey partial leather interior.

$84,000 OBO up or down

Photo's here

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/cg...?sort=9&page=1

It’s been great fun, (driving, wrenching, polishing), but it’s time to move for me to move on.
I bought it from the original owner in 2007, as I test drove it I turned over 17K miles.

The GOOD / GREAT:
It’s beautiful.
Fanatically maintained (by me), pretty much every possible maintenance item has been sorted including this brief list, (email for more detailed spreadsheet);
  • Oil and filter(s) changed every 3 – 4K.
  • Brake system and clutch cylinder flush every 3 – 4K or 2 years
  • Spark plugs / wires / rotors / dizzy caps replaced.
  • Tranny and differential oil changed every 24 months.
  • Accessory belts changed (not power steering though).
  • Oil and AC heat exchanger ballasts resistors changed
  • ISV cleaned
  • Beautiful Iris Blue paint with 3M clear bra applied on entire hood / fenders / front bumper cover.
  • OEM Porsche Areokit II (Turbo S) installed.
  • New brakes (pads and rotors front and rear) @ 39,000 miles
  • New tyres @ 39,000 miles installed on refinished 993 “twists”
  • New windshield.
  • Motor sound package, good thing because the factory radio / CD player is NOT impressive.

Modifications included at no charge;
  • Bilstein PSS10’s, ride height just a smidge above RS, corner balanced, K Toe set.
  • Techart foglights and ducts
  • Headlight washer delete
  • Manual fan override switch for the oil heat exchanger
  • HID headlamps

The “STORIES”
  • Yes, I have driven the car on the track, several times, and enjoyed doing so in several DE’s and AX’s. IMO the car is better mechanically for it since I tended to over-maintain as compared with a “street only” car.
  • Glass out repaint in 2009. I wanted to add a factory Porsche Aerokit II and chose to go the repaint route vs risking trying to match paint. There was absolutely ZERO body damage to the car that necessitated a repaint. I took loads of photo’s to document the process that indicate that there was no damage prior to paint. This was a high $$$ mucho labor repaint, I spent $$$ for lottsa color sand time to ensure no orange peel existed.
  • The original owner chose to install aftermarket harnesses and drilled mounting point holes in the floor pan I wish he would have just used a sub-bar, but am disclosing so you aren’t surprised.
I’m not going to say, “this is the best 993 in the country”. There are probably “better” ultra-low mile cars out there. But if you want a beautiful, exceptionally well-sorted 993 that is VERY VERY VERY good, you would be hard pressed to do better. ‘Specially if you are looking for something other than the standard black or silver cars.

Title in hand.

Non Smoker

PPI’s within the local San Diego area will be accommodated at your expense.

Car is located in North San Diego County. Originally purchased in Bend Oregon, driven a few hundred miles while there, then driven to San Clemente CA where it “lived” until I found it.

I’m not going to watch this thread closely and answer every question that comes up. Please “PM” me if you would like to chat. Please include your email addy and / or phone number.

Lowballers? Don’t take it personally if you respond with a lowball offer and I don’t reply, I just don’t want to talk to you.

Thanks for taking the time to check this F/S thread out.

Craig

Craigfen <at> gmail <dot> com

If you have a F335 Coupe, 6 speed in an interesting color, not black or silver, or a F430 F1, let’s talk.

NOTE: the first photo below was included to show just how good the paint looks in the sun, the other photo's were taken on an overcast day so as to better indicate detail.
The first photo also shows some "optional equipment" not included in the sale, (wheels, seats, harness bar).

Attached Images      

Last edited by cgfen; 06-14-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: off the market
Old 06-12-2015, 09:09 AM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Wow what a gem.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:14 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Have to say wow for this one...really special car.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:04 PM
The_Ruski_Driver will become famous soon enough
Beautiful and I love the color

Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Kent will become famous soon enough
Nice!