Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1994 Mazda RX-7 R2 Edition -34k Original Miles, RARE-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Blazed has a spectacular aura aboutBlazed has a spectacular aura aboutBlazed has a spectacular aura about
1994 Mazda RX-7 R2 Edition -34k Original Miles, RARE-

Year: 1994
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $27500
Mileage: 34000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NV
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

SOLD.

I decided to list my R2 since my GT3 is arriving sooner than I anticipated. This car is one of 395 total R2's manufactured in '94, and one of only 156 finished in Brilliant Black, making it a very rare find. There are very few original examples remaining in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition with very low miles. The odometer currently reads 34,2xx and will go up very slowly. As mentioned, the only reason I'm even considering selling this car is because I'm purchasing a 991 GT3 from a friend of mine and garage space is an issue since I have a three other cars. I would never let this rare car sit outside under any circumstances so I'd like to find it a new home before the GT3 arrives later this summer. This R2 is the real deal and the new owner will be very happy. Serious inquiries only please!

Modifications:

The car just had extensive work completed by Pineapple Racing in Portland, OR less than 2k miles ago to make it as reliable as possible while retaining near OEM power levels and drivability characteristics. This included a complete engine rebuild, turbos, new trans. syncros, new clutch, all vacuum lines, and an extensive list of recommended supporting modifications. I have invoices and documentation totaling close to $15,000 for everything and can provide them to seriously interested parties. The car is very reliable and doesn't have any typical FD issues as they've all been addressed. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car on long distance road trips...I drove it over 600 miles home from Portland to Reno and it didn't skip a beat and ran very strong.

More Details:

- Clean NV title in hand
- Clean Carfax & Autocheck reports, I'm the third owner
- 34,000 original miles (will rise slowly weather permitting. NO track time, AutoX, drag racing, aggressive driving, etc.)
- Excellent condition, a solid 9/10 both mechanically and cosmetically speaking
- No fluid leaks of any kind, all fluids just changed
- No body modifications, completely OEM
- Always garage kept
- Interior is very clean and has no sun/heat damage on the dash, doors, seats or other surfaces. Easy 9/10 condition.
- No odors, stains, carpet problems, or other interior issues. Nonsmoker car
- New tires, OEM wheels were professionally refinished and are like new
- New brakes all around
- Overall the paint is in good shape for being black and 21 years old. I'd currently rate it about an 8/10. There are a few very light scratches/scuffs, blemishes, and a few tiny rock chips that are very minimal. I'm very particular and OCD about paint so please take my comments with a grain of salt...overall the car looks great, especially for its age. The pics posted are an accurate representation of the actual condition.

I do my best to describe my cars as thoroughly and transparently as possible. I sold my '94 Chaste White on here amongst several others over the years and the new owners are very happy with the cars and can vouch for both my honesty as well as the quality of what they purchased, so please buy with confidence. Also, please understand I'm in no rush to sell. I'm only selling to make room for my upcoming 991 GT3. Serious inquiries only thanks for looking!

$27,500 OBO

Please have your funds prepared in advance prior to contacting me. No trades. Lowball offers will be completely ignored. Cash, wire transfer, or certified bank check only.

***The car is being sold with the OEM wheels w/ new tires. The Efini wheels can be purchased separately for $1,500 and are in excellent condition w/ brand new tires.***

Attached Images      

Last edited by Blazed; 08-22-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:05 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
Nice ride! The NSX's not too shabby either.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 PM
IMAGINETHAT is on a distinguished road
Rarely do I post in FS threads that I am not seriously interested in buying, but every time I come on here you are selling another amazing example of a car. You sir, have excellent taste in cars.

I had my eye on your Chaste White RX-7 for awhile and this looks to be another gem. Best of luck with the sale - if it was any color other than black I would take her off your hands. Also, thumbs up for putting together another proper for sale ad.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:19 AM
y2says is on a distinguished road
Tempting....I too wish I was not black. If it was white or yellow I'll be all over it. Shouldn't be long before it's sold.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Blazed has a spectacular aura aboutBlazed has a spectacular aura aboutBlazed has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by y2says
Tempting....I too wish I was not black. If it was white or yellow I'll be all over it. Shouldn't be long before it's sold.
The R2 was only sold in black, red, and silver

Old 06-25-2015, 07:47 PM
goforwand is on a distinguished road
Great example!! Was any suspension work done- i.e. replacing the old bushings and/or any upgrade/refresh of the stock suspension?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:08 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Love the car and the color glws.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The car is definitely the real deal and the new owner will be very happy

Old 06-30-2015, 10:35 AM
interior pics:

Attached Images      
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 AM
more:

Attached Images     
Old 06-30-2015, 11:49 AM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful! I miss my '93 in Brilliant Black a lot. I was the original owner and had it for almost 18 years until it was totaled a few years ago by an idiot. Pineapple Racing built my motor as well, and I paired it with a big single turbo putting out over 400rwhp at only 14 psi. This is so tempting. Like your taste in cars as well. When I bought my FD new in '93, the other car I considered was a used '92 NSX. The car I'm replacing my Exige with is likely to be a 997TT.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment, it is indeed a great example. All PM's returned, price lowered to 27.5k OBO

Last edited by Blazed; 07-08-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Sold.

Last edited by Blazed; 08-22-2015 at 11:40 AM.