Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

WTB: 2012/2013 BMW 550i M Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 01:51 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
WTB: 2012/2013 BMW 550i M Sport

Year: 2013
Make: BMW
Model: 5-Series
Price: $45000
Mileage: 30000
Color: silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AZ
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Looking to buy a 2012/2013 550i m sport (set on the color silver or light gray). <40000 miles. Please let me know if anybody has one (private sellers wanted).

Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
From a fellow Porsche and BMW owner - whatever car you find, make sure it has had the N63 Customer Care Package performed prior to buying. Lots of info on bimmerfest.com if you are not familiar with it. Specific preemptive recall for the turbo V8 engines.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:58 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Hmm - great thanks for the heads up. It seems like a recall - so if the one im looking at has NOT had it done, wouldnt be as simple as taking the car in when I bring it for its next oil change to get that taken care of?

Old 06-23-2015, 05:37 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a formal recall, it's more of a preemptive effort by BMW to avoid a recall. It covers a lot of stuff - injectors, timing chain, etc. On my 2012 7 series it was about an $8k bill covered by BMW and I didn't need the timing chain replaced. It's officially called the N63 CCP so if the 550 has the turbo V8 N63 engine I'd ask if it has been addressed - if not, I'd check with your local dealer to make sure they will still cover it before you plunk down the dough to buy it.

The 2013 might have gone to the N63tu engine which I don't think was covered.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by leftlane
It's not a formal recall, it's more of a preemptive effort by BMW to avoid a recall. It covers a lot of stuff - injectors, timing chain, etc. On my 2012 7 series it was about an $8k bill covered by BMW and I didn't need the timing chain replaced. It's officially called the N63 CCP so if the 550 has the turbo V8 N63 engine I'd ask if it has been addressed - if not, I'd check with your local dealer to make sure they will still cover it before you plunk down the dough to buy it.

The 2013 might have gone to the N63tu engine which I don't think was covered.
Very good point - thank you for the heads up will inquire prior to taking the plunge. I think the new engine began in 2014 models, and its cars with build dates through 7/2013 that are under the 'recall'... but will do some more digging to find out.