Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2001 996TT 911 Turbo - White, modded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:45 AM
drinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of light

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $47000
Mileage: 71000
Color: Biarritz White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

You're all right. There's just no way these modd'd car will pass visual inspection here in Cali. Time to move?

Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea what Cali looks for. But there are three things I think my car would raise a red flag:

1: exhaust. Change it out or search for the cats that Switzer sells
2: y pipe. Replace with OE. One hour job max
3: intake piping. Not sure that matters.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:51 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drinaldis
You're all right. There's just no way these modd'd car will pass visual inspection here in Cali. Time to move?
My stage 2 997tt passes Cali sniff test. They can't really do much since its awd (technically awd). So they check for one item under the hood and what's funny, the last smog guy gave up looking for it because he didn't know where it was.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 AM
The_Ruski_Driver will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 4080
A very consistent and powerful car. The new owner will have a blast beating up on modded Z06 vettes.
I don't know about that. This car prob makes less than 500 wheel which is a simple intake/exhaust Z06, which also makes power only the the rear wheels and weighs 300-400 lb less. Unless the Z06 misses a shift, good luck.
Or if you are talking about a c5z, then who knows.

Considering a stock Z06 runs low 11, I would be very impressed if this car would "beat up on modded Z06 vettes"

GLWS I love the white!!

Last edited by The_Ruski_Driver; 06-29-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure what experience you have with Turbos, but this car makes much more than 500 WHP. The car is modded well with parts that work together.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:38 PM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
2001 996TT 911 Turbo - White, modded

Fwiw I have the same setup nearly and made 690 to the rear wheels with the front shaft removed. Id like to get back on the same dyno after a couple tweaks in the programming and intake side.

Glws!!

Old 06-29-2015, 12:41 PM
The_Ruski_Driver will become famous soon enough
Wow 690 really? The only other k24 car I have dealt with dynod 540 wheel on high boost. Very impressive!
OP: wondering why you didn't go R888 on the rears as well? Did you spin at your power level?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM
I did have R888's and they worked well. The Hoosiers seem to work better, even on damp roads. Another benefit is sound. The Hoosiers are quieter and Moore comfortable

Old 06-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Another picture of the front bumper:

Old 07-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Potential buyer had a PPI completed. No issues beyond mention of the lightweight flywheel noise (expected as that's what they do....) and no cats (as stated). He's deciding between mine and a 991 Carrera.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Forgot to mention that the headrests have the Porsche crest on them.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:05 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
Forgot to mention that the headrests have the Porsche crest on them.
Well hot damn, can't believe you left out this important upgrade.

Geez whereitsat get with the program.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Forgot to mention that I also have the spare, Paulie.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:23 AM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
how has this car not sold yet?

If I could get a serious buyer to come look at my cobra (or the mustang), I'd be on a flight tomorrow

I have the problem of limited garage space and a want for a TT (or an Aston Martin)

Old 07-05-2015, 10:27 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
Wow 690 really? The only other k24 car I have dealt with dynod 540 wheel on high boost. Very impressive!
OP: wondering why you didn't go R888 on the rears as well? Did you spin at your power level?
yeah the 20s push a little over 700hp on race gas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 996TT 911 Turbo - White, modded