Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 2003 996 Turbo, 28K miles, Guard's Red/Black, 6MT, tastefully modded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Color: Guard's Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AZ
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Originally Posted by jg996gt3
Hello,
Will this car pass California Smog with the current set up? If not,what needs to be done? thanks
Also, I have the stock exhaust. The heat shield is a bit banged up from the swap but it will install and work for emissions.

It functions just fine if you want to leave it on the car. You'll just need to tweak the heat shield back into place.

Last edited by Red911TT; 06-21-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I can help with this one. California has become very tricky. All the crazy race guys started here and now we have the most strict rules. Technically ever since April nothing but factory is smog legal LOL. But the Kline system this car has is modular so cats are on it but can be removed for track use. I would also be glad to help anyone with this stuff. The car does burn clean.
Thanks, Sam!

Old 06-22-2016, 04:17 PM
shaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud ofshaunt has much to be proud of
Most likely will pass the emissions portion and if you have someone who is willing/or not smart enough to pass the visual component you should be gtg. It's always about who you know haha

Old 07-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks to all of you who have reached out with either offers, questions, or just advice. I have come to appreciate the Porsche community as a group of passionate folks who have each others' best interest in mind.

I wanted to take a moment to publicly answer some of the common questions I've been getting from interested parties. My hope is that it will save any additional prospective buyers some time from having to pose the question and wait for the answer.

With that being said, here goes...

Q: Why are you selling the car so cheap? Is there anything wrong?
A: I didn't think the price was cheap when I posted it, I thought it was fair. I spoke to a few people close to the industry and based on their advice arrived at a number that I thought would require minimal haggling. Naturally there are those folks who believe that if you are not ashamed of your offer you offered too much and I can can appreciate that, but that's not how I operate. If I feel something is priced fair, I don't believe in grinding even more. This is how I buy, and this is how I sell. I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. I've replaced the known troublesome bits as I had intended to keep the car for many more years.

Q: Did you conduct a PPI and do you have those records?
A: I did not pay a shop/dealer to conduct a PPI. While I acknowledge that most don't share my philosophy, I am of the belief that PPIs are one of the biggest shams in the preowned automobile industry. If buying a vehicle sight unseen I can understand a PPI makes perfect sense, but that's about the extent in my eyes. If I were to buy a used vehicle and have a PPI conducted, there is no legal onus on the part of the PPI provider to stand behind their recommendation. If the engine were to fall out when I left the parking lot the PPI provider has no legal responsibility to fix the problem. It is, after all, a used car. My philosophy is to become educated on the platform and do a thorough review of the vehicle on my own. Again, I respect that my philosophy does not suit everybody which is why I invite any prospective buyer to conduct a PPI should they desire.

Q: Does the car have any leaks?
A: None.

Q: Why did you drive the car so little?
A: In a nutshell, time. I refuse to drive the car in rush hour traffic, run errands in it, drive it to work, etc.

Q: Do you have the owners manual, both keys, etc.
A: Yes. The factory owners manual and supplemental paperwork is all contained in the factory leather binder. Both keys have new batteries and both work perfectly.

Q: Do you have the factory parts?
A: Some. I do not have the factory turbo decklid or the OEM wheels as those parts were not provided by the PO. I have all of the factory parts that I removed from the car with the exception of the K16 turbochargers as those were sent in as cores for the billet 1668s.

Q: Are you open to/interested in trades?
A: No.

Q: Will the car pass emissions where I live?
A: If you live in AZ, yes. I am not familiar with the emissions regulations of individual states. I have no reason to believe that it won't pass as all of the necessary equipment is present but I cannot say for certain unless you live in the state of AZ. CA seems like the only place where the laws have crossed the border into ridiculous.

Q: If I buy the car what do I need to replace or what needs attention?
A: To the best of my knowledge, nothing. The car has new wheels and tires, new OEM 997 coil packs, new OEM GT2 spark plugs, fresh oil change with mobil 1 and an OEM filter, fresh OEM coolant, new cabin filter, new battery, new OEM updated ignition switch, new OEM turbo oil check valves, new clutch (Sachs 2.5 upgrade), and a new OEM n75 valve (preventative maintenance while doing a boost leak test). Porsche engineers felt comfortable standing behind the car for 4 years for 50K miles. While it's still a ways off from 50K miles, the 4 years mark has long passed. What I can assure you, is that during my ownership if the car needs anything it will get the most up to date OEM part.

Q: Does the car still have the dual mass flywheel?
A: Yes. The car still behaves like a civilized stock 996 turbo in traffic.

Q: Has the car been tracked?
A: To the best of my knowledge no. For certain, it has not during my ownership nor does it display any of the telltale signs of track use: No excessive pitting/chipping, no feathering/scuffing on the old tires, no unusual creaks and rattles, no discoloration of the brake calipers, no discoloration of the brake fluid, no trapped gravel in the underbody trays and wheelwells, no excessively worn bushings, no helmet scratches in the headliner, etc.

Q: How loud is the exhaust? Does it drone?
A: The exhaust is certainly louder than stock but not so loud that it is uncivilized. From the outside the car has a very "racey" sound and on the inside it's slightly louder than stock. At cruising speed it is very quiet with an ever so slight exhaust hum. If you're paying attention you'll hear it but if you're engaged in a normal conversation it doubtful you'd even notice. The question is a very subjective one, so the best answer is that it is louder than stock and it does have a bit of a drone.
Edit: To add a bit more depth here, I bought the exhaust from ByDesign and I was explicit in my desire for an exhaust that didn't make the car excessively loud and did not drone. I wanted something as close to stock as possible. Sam was so confident in the sound of the exhaust he offered a to work with me on a different exhaust had I felt the exhaust was too loud for normal street driving.

Q: Does the car require special fuel as a result of the modifications?
A: No, the car is set up to run reliably on the country's worst 91 octane gas. If you live outside of AZ, CA, or NV your gas is better and with a quick retune the car will make even more power. If you're content with the power better gas only adds to an already very good safety margin.

That covers the extent of the common questions. As before, if you have additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Last edited by Red911TT; 07-02-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Beautiful car!!

Old 07-14-2016, 11:05 PM
DAFFYDRUNK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tuner1984
Beautiful car!!
I agree. Mod list is nice as well. Like the pinned coolant stuff too. Gray Forgestar F14s? Looks good. Love the color too. I'd think it would get more action here. I'm kinda fixing up a 930 for someone that's currently sitting in the garage spot where my hypothetical 996 turbo will go. Was gonna get one last year but ended up with a C7. Still got the bug to get a Pcar though. Love the 930, but the money the guy is asking is beyond my pay grade. Maybe I'll get lucky and this 996 will magically still be available in a few months.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:49 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Love guards red! Bump for a local!

Old 07-15-2016, 04:39 AM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
I agree. Mod list is nice as well. Like the pinned coolant stuff too. Gray Forgestar F14s? Looks good. Love the color too. I'd think it would get more action here. I'm kinda fixing up a 930 for someone that's currently sitting in the garage spot where my hypothetical 996 turbo will go. Was gonna get one last year but ended up with a C7. Still got the bug to get a Pcar though. Love the 930, but the money the guy is asking is beyond my pay grade. Maybe I'll get lucky and this 996 will magically still be available in a few months.
Definitely agree. I'm looking for either a 997/997 turbo. Got a Cayman S to just try out Porsche after coming from the BMW community, and even though I still love my BMW's I will never look back. PCars have me hooked!

Old 07-15-2016, 12:34 PM
DAFFYDRUNK is on a distinguished road
You got a shot of the wiper scuff? This 930 probably suffers the same condition although magically no scratches yet. Don't hit the switch as the damn thing goes right off the side of the car. I suppose I should add that to the list of repairs. Anyway, I'd say good luck with the sale but I kinda hope it doesn't sell so I can snag it in the fall when I'm ready to buy another car. It's exactly what I want...

Old 07-16-2016, 06:07 PM
You got a shot of the wiper scuff? This 930 probably suffers the same condition although magically no scratches yet. Don't hit the switch as the damn thing goes right off the side of the car. I suppose I should add that to the list of repairs. Anyway, I'd say good luck with the sale but I kinda hope it doesn't sell so I can snag it in the fall when I'm ready to buy another car. It's exactly what I want...
Thanks for the interest in the car. I'm not in a hurry to sell so it may very well be available when you're ready. I'll post up a picture of the scuff later today or if you prefer I can email you pictures if you PM me your email.

Last edited by Red911TT; 07-16-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:48 AM
I wanted to quickly respond to this. I have been getting quite a lot of interest in the car. It is only advertised on this site as I put it up to see if I could sell it to a fellow enthusiast to make room for the 997. The truth is every time I drive it I fall I love with it all over again. It is, quite honestly, one of the most fun cars I've driven.

Dont be surprised if in a month or two this ad is gone and instead I'm selling a super clean basalt black 997tt 6mt with 24k miles.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:36 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
pm sent

Old 07-25-2016, 08:45 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
A close up picture of wiper mishap damage?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by rmc1148
A close up picture of wiper mishap damage?
Blemish can be seen in the upper left hand portion of the image.

Last edited by Red911TT; 03-24-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
pm sent
PM returned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 996 Turbo, 28K miles, Guard's Red/Black, 6MT, tastefully modded