Location (State): TX
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

1978 Datsun 280Z
Miles: 2,000
Title: Clear
Price: $35,000
Open to Trades: Classics, Modern, or Luxury

This is a 1978 Datsun 280Z fully restored only 2,000 miles ago. The cars exterior is Lamborghini Nero Pegasso with black perforated leather seats and black interior door panels with perforated accents. As you can see by the pictures, the car is fully restored and has taken home Best Classic Nissan at Hot Import Nights Dallas 2016 and Best Old School at Import Face Off 2015. The car has a CLEAN TITLE, is clean inside and out, and runs and drives great. This car is a show car, but the V8 under the hood sounds and performs wonderfully. I have owned twin turbo vipers, 911, and a GTR and this car gets the most compliments out of all of them by far. I am inactive on the Datsun forums, but my seller feedback can be found on ViperAlley and GTRLife under the user name "Hyph".

I purchased this car in November of 2013 with the V8 already swapped. Since then, the car has been in numerous shops being restored to its current condition. Initially, the car started as a fun project and soon grew into a full restoration. No shortcuts were taken in the restoration of the body. All dents were removed, the interior was stripped out and the car checked for rust (Rust Free). The fender mirrors were imported from Japan and unlike the numerous cheap plastic knock off versions you see so often, these are the OEM metal mirrors from Japan. The fenders flares are riveted to the body with enough space to allow for a taller tire if the next owner wishes. My vision for this car was to create a restored Datsun which had was drivable and comfortable enough to take on long trips. While the car has no A/C, it does have heated seats, power doors, and windows as well as a full JL sound system. I also had Dynamat installed on the interior of the car to assist with sound and heat reduction in the interior. The car has been protected with a Sun Tek Clear bra and the rear quarter and windshield have been replaced and tinted with 3M tint. The car originally came with a TH350 3 speed transmission, but due to the short gearing, I opted to upgrade to a TCI 700R4 4 speed transmission which has no problem reaching higher speeds due to the overdrive. The previous owner had swapped in a R180 Differential, but I swapped it out to a stronger R200 open differential.

The suspension on this car has also been completely swapped out with the best parts available (Techno Toy Tuning). The car has a fully adjustable suspension (control arms, camber plates, and coilovers) and can be used for road racing if desired. The car has never been tracked though, as I didn't have the heart to expose it to such harsh conditions after completing the restoration.

Although this car is near perfect, there are some small issues which I would like to explain. First, the car has no A/C which was removed by the previous owner when the V8 swap was performed. In addition, there is one small paint defect on the driver side door (which I have pictured) and there are a few spots in the interior which have had been over sprayed by the previous owned in the original orange paint. The car does have a slow leak from the main seal (typical of chevy 350's) which shouldn't be a surprise to any classic car owner. While these are minor issues, I like to give full exposure when selling a car so there are no surprises. All turn signals and lights work as well as the windshield wipers.

The car has no issues with over heating or any other mechanical problems. The new carburetor was recently tuned by True Street Motorsports and made around 260hp/300tq. The engine can be easily upgraded to support more power, but I ultimately was going to swap in an LS or RB so focused more on reliability.

As expected, the car is always garage kept and detailed with show quality materials. It has never seen an automatic car wash since my ownership.

All body work was done at Pro Auto Collusion in Garland Texas, Texas Audio Customs in Garland Texas, and True Street Motorsports in McKinney Texas.

Please don't hesitate to contact me to ask any questions at all. I am available to show the car in the DFW Metroplex.

VIDEOS CAN BE FOUND HERE

Exterior:
Custom Lamborghini Nero Pegaso Paint
OEM Nissan Fender Mirrors
ZG Fender Flares
240z Fiberglass Bumper
Shaved Rear Bumper
Clearz Tinted Turn Signals and Side Markers
Projector Headlights Lights
5000K HID Lights

Engine:
Chevrolet V8 350ci Engine Swap
Holley Double Pumper Carburetor
Edelbrock Intake Manifold
K&N Intake
Custom Headers and Exhaust

Suspension:
Techno Toy Tuning (TTT) Coilovers
TTT Front and Rear Control Arms
TTT Front Camber Plates
TTT Tension Rods
TTT Front and Rear Strut Bars

Wheels/ Brakes:
Work S1 2pc Wheels 15x9 et0
Custom 1.25in spacers
Falken Ziex Tires (2500 Miles)
Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Stereo:
Kenwood Headunit
JL C2 Speakers

Interior:
Custom Door Panels
Custom Leather Seats (Reupholstered) w/ Heaters
Perforated Suede Headliner
Speed Hut Custom Gauges (GPS Speedometer)
Momo Race Air Steering Wheel
Full Interior Dynamat (Doors, Firewall, Floor, Roof)
Power Windows and Doors
Viper Alarm and Keyless Entry
B&M Quick Silver Ratchet Shifter

Drive Train:
TTT Mustache Bar
Built 700R4 TCI Racing Transmission
R200 Differential Swap

Last edited by hyph; 11-15-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
very very nice! the 280Z was one of my dream car back in the day.

Wish it retro with a 289/302 (sorry I 'm a FORD guy)

Does it have a AC gonna be toasty 102*F starting Sunday

Old 07-01-2016, 05:10 PM
hyph is on a distinguished road
Gonna be toasty lol. But at least it has auto Windows so you won't get extra sweaty cranking the Windows!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
For those asking, I am willing to entertain certain trades.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Audi R8 is on a distinguished road
amazing.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:04 PM
ice1cube is on a distinguished road
trade for 98 supra with cash on top on your end? or built 97 civic show car with built h22a 850whp won HIN dallas 3 years in a row with custom fat faced tyler p wheels 18x10.5 fronts

Old 07-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Gonna have to pass on the civic but details on the supra?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:16 AM
Price drop $36,000... Open to trades for luxury cars as well.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Bump!

Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Price Drop!

$35,000

Last edited by hyph; 08-03-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Bump, still for sale.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:09 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
i'm in west plano. sure would love to see this cruising around some! what a great 'fairlady' on steroids look.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:52 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
I get in soooo much trouble when ever I come over to this site

Old 09-30-2016, 04:29 PM
h4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ice1cube
trade for 98 supra with cash on top on your end? or built 97 civic show car with built h22a 850whp won HIN dallas 3 years in a row with custom fat faced tyler p wheels 18x10.5 fronts
Can you send me details on the civic?

Old 10-06-2016, 02:42 PM
bmwtmx has a spectacular aura aboutbmwtmx has a spectacular aura about
Do a straight up trade for my 1994 RX7 R2. 30k original miles, all original, pristine car. Do a search in for sale area for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.