Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2003 Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:59 PM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
FS: 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo Midnight Blue/Graphite Gray

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $1
Mileage: 86400
Color: Midnight Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OK
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Listing removed, car is no longer for sale!

-Ben

Last edited by benw; 11-14-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:42 PM
AndyThomason is on a distinguished road
That is a beautiful, quality looking car. Great pictures too! Really shows it off nicely.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 PM
NeunElfa is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that is a "just right" 996TT. Great color combo, tasteful and restrained mods, with the right fixes. Love the stance on it, too.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
In all my years I don't know if I've seen a better sorted out 996tt, from the perfect color combo to the gorgeous wheels and perfect stance (not too low imo), to all the mods done to the car. Great description as well, you clearly cared for the car. Glws!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:36 AM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
thanks for the kind words!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:14 AM
bump for a price drop!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
that's a great looking 996. Looks well built and maintained. glws!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 AM
thanks for the kind words!

Old 09-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Gberg996 will become famous soon enoughGberg996 will become famous soon enough
Please PM me with any additional information, very interested! I am in the market for a 996 TT now!

Ben

Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM
couldn't PM you, but left a visitor message!

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Gberg996 will become famous soon enoughGberg996 will become famous soon enough
Got it, emailed!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:32 AM
nyc_bob is on a distinguished road
Long time rennlister, first post here on 6speed.

The way this car is set up and obviously cared for I thought this would be sold within days of your first post.

A couple of questions:
How long have you owned the car?
Have you done all the mods or were they done by prior owners? (saw your KW install thread)
Where on the settings are you running the KW's? Pretty rough roads here on the east coast.

Since you are from OK you probably don't have to deal with much traffic, but would the clutch setup be a PITA in traffic? How noisy is the clutch setup at low rpms? Gotta run A/C a few months a year and noisy idle in traffic would drive me nuts.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:41 PM
nyc_bob,

thank you! it is indeed a very well loved and well cared for example, that's for sure.

I have owned the car for 2 years. Things I installed:
1) KW V3 coilovers
2) wheels and tires
3) replaced the old notchy FVD Brombacher short shifter with a brand new OEM 997 unit
4) rear adjustable control arms so that rear toe and camber could be properly set (car now has good tire wear, previous owners were chewing up tires too fast because alignment couldn't be set correctly)
5) fluids, spark plugs, and typical maintenance as needed.

Everything else was performed by previous owner and has needed no work, always ran terrific!

The KW V3 ride is between a GT2 and a stock turbo. It is firmer, but not punishing. Oklahoma has terrible roads and that was why I replaced the uber stiff JICs with these. They pass the wife test, and mine is very picky (her daily is a 96' LS400 which rides like a floating sofa).

Not sure if you have driven a stock 996 TT or not, but the OEM clutch is awful. No feel, no pressure, and too easy to slip on accident. Too easy to stall the car accidentally, from not having any idea when it's engaging. This clutch setup on the other hand is firmer than stock but the feel is incredible, it's so easy to take off from a standstill and modulate the engagement smoothly, and the acceleration and rev matching is sublime. I took the forum's advice on what parts to use and it ended up perfect, hats off to the folks here.

Regarding drivability I would say that stop and go traffic is OK, up to 15-20 minutes at a time. But if you are routinely in stop and go for hours at a time, it's not the car for you. This clutch setup is perfect if you want to drive the car the way Porsche intended (that's why it's OEM on the GT2) with total control and feel.

The lightweight flywheel does make the clutch springs chatter a little bit, but only at idle when the AC is on. Otherwise it is not perceptible. It is a small price to pay to have the performance and smooth clutch feel it gives.

Feel free to email me ben . a . west AT gmail dot com for more info, full service records, or to continue talking.

Thanks all!

Last edited by benw; 09-22-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Nice setup on your car. GLWS !!!

Old 09-24-2016, 04:42 PM
nyc_bob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by benw
nyc_bob,
They pass the wife test, and mine is very picky (her daily is a 96' LS400 which rides like a floating sofa).

I have my 993 listed on pelican at what I think is a realistic price, if I get any decent offers soon I'll be back. Otherwise I'll probably pull the ad, hold onto it and just add a turbo next year after freeing up some garage space.

Looks to me like you built a quick/fun car that will be reliable for a long time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.