Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1997 BMW M3 Coupe 5-speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
1997 BMW M3 Coupe 5-speed

Year: 1997
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Price: $8000
Mileage: 169000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Listing my E36 M3 for sale. My plan was to turn this into a track car, but I just do not have the time for it anymore. The car has not been driven in a long time and just sits in the garage. Over the past 5 years, I have put maybe 4k miles on it. I had searched a long time for one in this condition, and have been too stubborn to sell over the past few years for this reason alone.

Originally a California car, and has never seen rain or snow since I brought it to New York, 5 years ago. Car is completely rust-free, accident-free, bodywork-free, and has all matching VINs on each panel and bumper. Clean title, clean Carfax, ice-cold AC and hot heat. Fully functional OBC with no dead pixels. Legally passes state inspection every year with no issues.

There is currently just under 169k miles on the odometer, and around 80k miles on the engine. The clutch was replaced by the previous owner prior to me purchasing it as well, though I do not have paperwork on it (I would guess around 10k miles on the clutch). All front suspension bushings/ball joints/tie rods have around 5k miles on them, brake calipers recently rebuilt and stainless lines/Motul fluid flush (less than 100 miles ago). Thousands of dollars in dealership receipts including oil separator, cooling system overhaul (radiator, water pump, thermostat and housing, hoses, etc), power steering lines, window regulators, windshield cowl, window seals, final stage unit, exhaust hangers, all filters, all pulleys/idlers/belts, and lots of random hoses, lines, hardware, etc all replaced within the past couple thousand miles. Car was maintained to either be driven across the country or on the track completely worry-free. The only thing I have less time for than a track car is to be broken down in one. Though I should mention, this car has never ever seen a track or any type of racing or DE, I unfortunately never got that far with it.

When I was searching for an E36 M3, the odometer mileage was unimportant as long as the body and chassis were straight, free of rust, accidents, cracked strut towers, etc. There are too many low mileage cars out there with relatively junk chassis that are worthless to someone like me.

Asking $8000 with factory wheels and exhaust. $9000 as it sits.

VIN: WBSBG932XVEY73943

Parts/mods worth mentioning:

ST V1 Coilovers w/Rogue RSMs (500 miles)
S2R Tuning Sunroof Delete Panel
Turner Motorsport 90mm Wheel Studs (brand new)
OMP Targa Steering Wheel (brand new)
OEM BMW ZHP shift **** (brand new)
OEM BMW Euro radiator cover (brand new)
OEM BMW Euro taillights (brand new)
Dinan V2 Exhaust
18x8.5 SSR Competition Wheels w/Falken FK453 245/35/18 Tires (brand new)

Cons:

-Paint has scratches and imperfections here and there, I'd give the exterior a 7/10.
-Sunroof delete panel will need to be sealed if you plan to drive in the rain or keep the car outdoors. I didn't, so it was never an issue for me.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2959.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	462963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2960.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	462964   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2961.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	462965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5308.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	462966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5309.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	462967  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	850.8 KB
ID:	462968  

Last edited by Cscat; 11-21-2016 at 10:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.