Price: $75
Mileage: 35
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Bernie & I resolved this problem.

Last edited by Vinnyr; 11-11-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
I heard another bad story about this place in the past.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 PM
tricolorpit is on a distinguished road
If you had emails from him stating this, I'd go and get a lawyer. Emails stand up as well as texts, in court.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:29 AM
Vinnyr has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyr has a spectacular aura about
I was hoping Bernie would be a stand up guy but it's not looking good for him. I do have all the emails documenting this whole ordeal just was hoping I didn't have to go down that road.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
best is have an independent shop or a dealer figure out what the problem is and take it from there, what a painful experience it is sorry to hear that.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:35 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Ouch - thanks for sharing as I was thinking of buying something from them, but now I am holding off.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:43 AM
CYi1 is on a distinguished road
Have you posted what's going on over at the corvetteforums? I don't think I've seen your post if you have in the C7 Z06 section. You should post over there to get some good input.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Just got back to NY after driving 26 hrs to drop off the car to Howard from Redline motors in FL flew back hoping to pick it up in 3 weeks fixed. I will post on the corvette forms tonight for sure. Thanks guys for all the posting just wish I seen something like this before I bought from BJ Motors

Old 11-09-2016, 10:15 AM
G-Z06 is on a distinguished road
Vinny I don't know you and I am stating facts as a 3rd person here considering I have bought many high end cars from Bernie Katz in the past with ZERO issues.

For the record I have no investment in BJ motors or Viper Exchange. Just giving my .02 to this story.

Bernie has always gave me fair trade on my trade ins, and has always been honest and up front with every car deal I have done with him. He actually tried to talk me out of buying an Aerial Atom by letting me know that it will be extremely hard to register it in Texas.

I know for a FACT that he does not release any car that is dirty or "in need of an oil change".

Did you opt for a open car trailer or was it delivered in an enclosed?

To my point, he actually hired a young man, put him through detail school in California and now gave him an opportunity to work with him full time. Literally, this is all this kid does is detail cars prior to shipment and identify any defects from torn leather to scratches on the outside of the vehicle that is in question.

Let’s move forward with your issue in particular.

It’s funny you purchased this car, I was actually looking at the same car that you are having issues with.

I have always been a vette guy and when it came the car looked spotless.

Car in question for those wondering:

http://www.bjmotors.biz/vehicle-details/2016-chevrolet-corvette-800-whp-z06-1lz-tomball-tx-id-14960291

I drove the car and right of the bat you could tell it has been modified. There was no check engine light on and it actually felt and rode perfect. I opted out of buying and keeping my ZR1, the 20 ACR's he has in stock were calling my name and I wasn’t keen on the automatic.

Anyway,

My question is this. You bought a 800whp car from a dealership.

Now you are complaining that a 800whp modified car is not acting right after more than likely driving the **** out of it and made up some bull**** that the moment you got in it went in to limp mode?

Get real man. That is equivalent to hooking up with a prostitute and being surprised you got an STD 3 weeks later and wanting your 20 dollars back.

You clearly have a record of having some pretty modified cars considering your profile picture and you should know that the moment you modified something you will more than likely experience some issues down the road.

Slamming a dealer for buying a modified car that was running fine after your purchase is pretty pathetic. If you would have posted up stating you bought a brand new viper from Bernie and it blew up and spewed oil all over the road, then there is no question I would understand you being upset and I would 100% support your frustration.

Looking for sympathy and slandering someones business who has been doing this for nearly 20 years (with a pretty all-star record) is pretty ridiculous. Not only that he offered to buy the car back from the sounds of it prior to all this mess?

Get the car fixed quit *****ing about things breaking on a 800whp car after more than likely doing highway bombs and move on.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-10-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:38 AM
G-Z06 is on a distinguished road
Car doesn't seem to be having to many issues... going 150mph...?

Vinny Forgettabooutitttttttt!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid36.photobucket.com %2Falbums%2Fe3%2Fgz06%2Fvideo-1478712498_zpscyo6yj33.mp4&title=automatic%20Z06">

Old 11-09-2016, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by G-Z06
Vinny I don't know you and I am stating facts as a 3rd person here considering I have bought many high end cars from Bernie Katz in the past with ZERO issues.

For the record I have no investment in BJ motors or Viper Exchange. Just giving my .02 to this story.

Bernie has always gave me fair trade on my trade ins, and has always been honest and up front with every car deal I have done with him. He actually tried to talk me out of buying an Aerial Atom by letting me know that it will be extremely hard to register it in Texas.

I know for a FACT that he does not release any car that is dirty or "in need of an oil change".

Did you opt for a open car trailer or was it delivered in an enclosed?

To my point, he actually hired a young man, put him through detail school in California and now gave him an opportunity to work with him full time. Literally, this is all this kid does is detail cars prior to shipment and identify any defects from torn leather to scratches on the outside of the vehicle that is in question.

Let’s move forward with your issue in particular.

It’s funny you purchased this car, I was actually looking at the same car that you are having issues with.

I have always been a vette guy and when it came the car looked spotless.

Car in question for those wondering:

http://www.bjmotors.biz/vehicle-deta...tx-id-14960291

I drove the car and right of the bat you could tell it has been modified. There was no check engine light on and it actually felt and rode perfect. I opted out of buying and keeping my ZR1, the 20 ACR's he has in stock were calling my name and I wasn’t keen on the automatic.

Anyway,

My question is this. You bought a 800whp car from a dealership.

Now you are complaining that a 800whp modified car is not acting right after more than likely driving the **** out of it and made up some bull**** that the moment you got in it went in to limp mode?

Get real man. That is equivalent to hooking up with a prostitute and being surprised you got an STD 3 weeks later and wanting your 20 dollars back.

You clearly have a record of having some pretty modified cars considering your profile picture and you should know that the moment you modified something you will more than likely experience some issues down the road.

Slamming a dealer for buying a modified car that was running fine after your purchase is pretty pathetic. If you would have posted up stating you bought a brand new viper from Bernie and it blew up and spewed oil all over the road, then there is no question I would understand you being upset and I would 100% support your frustration.

Looking for sympathy and slandering someones business who has been doing this for nearly 20 years (with a pretty all-star record) is pretty ridiculous. Not only that he offered to buy the car back from the sounds of it prior to all this mess?

Get the car fixed quit *****ing about things breaking on a 800whp car after more than likely doing highway bombs and move on.
If you look back to my original post not once was Bernard Katz "bashed". I recounted my experiences with him.

I track my cars and run them because I race professionally and am knowledgeable about performance as well as handling & I never had the opportunity to track this car because of the problem. I described to Bernie my intended use, and the z06 was HIS SUGGESTION. It was shipped enclosed trailer and was most definitely NOT detailed prior to shipment. The change oil light was on & the oil was black. The low fuel light was on also.

I contacted the prior owner and he admitted to a pre existing problem with the vette and Bernie admitted to the problem as well (all in emails should you need further proof). I also took the vette to the mechanic of Bernie's choice & they had the car there for 5 weeks without being able to fix the problem.

Apparently your experiences with BJ Motors is different from mine but at Bernies own admission he also sold a yellow 2013 heads & cam Viper during the same time period as my purchase of the vette and that motor blew up (also in email from Bernie).

I will not fault you for your inexperience with handling cars because if you knew how to test the performance of said z06 you most definitely would have picked up on the cars problems. Not only would the car not idle right but it constantly stalled as well.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by G-Z06
Car doesn't seem to be having to many issues... going 150mph...?

Vinny Forgettabooutitttttttt!
Car never made it to 150 mph Not once it went into power down mode instead. Doug & Chris from East Coast Supercharging can confirm because they couldn't fix the car & had it for 5 weeks. Bernie then told me he will not take the car back nor would he work with me on fixing it any further. Real stand up guy👍

Old 11-09-2016, 12:05 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Sucks to hear that your having issues, but he did say he would take it back and that is that. He should honor his word and take it back, regardless if it's modified or not.

Just another reason not to buy cars sight unseen. You just never know.

GL

Old 11-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
Sucks to hear that your having issues, but he did say he would take it back and that is that. He should honor his word and take it back, regardless if it's modified or not.

Just another reason not to buy cars sight unseen. You just never know.

GL
I agree 💯% & I offered to buy a more expensive car from him & split the cost of shipping but he never responded or called me back. I will never buy another car sight unseen again! Thanks for the post👍

Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Vinnyr
I agree 💯% & I offered to buy a more expensive car from him & split the cost of shipping but he never responded or called me back. I will never buy another car sight unseen again! Thanks for the post👍

A good business man should stand behind his business and his products. Your in business hopefully for the long haul not a few quick deals.

I have bought some cars sight unseen and vowed to never do it again, unless they are from super reputable dealers and all the right questions were asked. It's bit me in the *** before but nothing on this level though. But you live you learn. Hope you work out your issue and get it resolved. It's the worst when you have to involve lawyers but sometimes you have no choice.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.