Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Gorgeous & Rare VVO Viper Coupe | 10 sec NA car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
slowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant future
Cool Gorgeous & Rare VVO Viper Coupe | 10 sec NA car

Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: Viper
Price: $67500
Mileage: 22150
Color: Orange
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

For sale is my 2008 Viper in the stunning, and rare, VVO (Very Viper Orange) pearl coat. 1 of 19 stripe delete coupes ever built in this color--with the color only being offered in the 2008 model year. It was purchased in 2014 from Viper Exchange with 5400 miles on the clock, and was Bernie's personal car at the time. The first owner was a car collector who also resided in Texas. No accidents, no stories, no paintwork. Over my 2.5 years of ownership I have turned its clock to the tune of 22,100 miles; in short, it has added approximately 16,700 smiles to this aging face. If you're reading this, chances are you're a car enthusiast, so no need to tell you the car is my baby, we all know the feeling. This is still the car I look forward to seeing at the end of a long week, still hope for sunny Fridays so I can drive to the office, and I still giggle like a 2 year old every time I make a pull because the car is just plain ludicrous. If you've never been in a big cube all motor car that makes over 700lbft of tq, you have not lived. The car is so visceral and so full of drama by virtue of its nature; it turns mundane commutes and errands into events--sometimes I just can't wait to get home to go for a drive. It also happens to be very easy on the eyes. I've probably tripped over myself enough times to make a bloopers-compilation while staring back at the car as I walk away from a parking spot.

The car has near $25,000 in tasteful aftermarket modifications. This is not a ballpark, this is a fact. I have an excel spreadsheet that I will provide to the buyer than outlines all expenses, dates, and mileage that all modifications /services/fluids/ were performed. A lot of these modifications were acquired at hefty discounts, else the real total be somewhere north of $30k+. There is also a huge build thread on the car (provided to prospects), where you can get a play by play of my entire ownership history.

I set out to build a reliable jack-of-all-trades supercar, which would be as comfortable on the road course and auto-x, as it would be barreling down the dragstrip. I have leveraged as much of the VRL (viper racing league) engineering teams experience as I possibly could, which is the reason for so many of the ACR-X components on the car. There is nothing that you or I will do to this car that rivals the stress these vehicles undergo in an endurance race at Sebring. Selection of the under-drive pulley to reduce water pump impeller cavitation at high rpms, the catch can system with specific taps into the baffles to maximize the reduction of oil ingestion from the pcv, its engine management, and radiator block-off panel to drop ECT temps. All things (thankfully) learned from the ACR-X teams R&D throughout the seasons. Overall, this car has far exceeded my expectations, and has to this day, been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing that I have ever done to this sled outside of regular maintenance has been replacing the weak oem battery with a fresh unit. I drive this car like it's designed for; it is not a garage queen. It has seen the drag strip (3 passes, where the car holds the record for a bolt-on viper at 10.4 @ 134+), it has seen the track (5 HPDE events), and it has seen the auto-x (2 events). With that being said, I also care for it like it's made of glass. It gets full fluid changes after every track outing (all hydraulics and oil), oil changes every 3k miles with oem Mobil 1 0w40 full synth, and bushings inspected/replaced as needed. The car's entire front is covered in XPEL clear bra, and the rest of the car has undergone a color correction and cquartz sealant by the talented crew of Clarity Auto Detailing. The car is maintenance washed by yours truly, almost weekly, with a foam canon and chemical guy's honeydew. It is air dried with an electric leaf blower. I am an engineer by trade, OCD by nature, and this car gets treated like the child I don't have.

Fluids

-Mobil 1 0W40 & Mopar Filter
-Motul RBF-600 Clutch
-Motul RBF-600 Brakes
-Mopar 75W-140 Rear End + 4oz Friction modifier
-Mopar ATF+4 Transmission (oem spec)

Engine (Dynoed @ 605whp/560wtq)

-Mopar PCM (ACR-X ECU)
--Stock ECU included
-K&N Air Filter (stock airbox)
-Doug Shelby Engineering Intake heat shield
-Doug Shelby Engineering carbon radiator block-off plate
-Doug Shelby Engineering torque limiters (Intake manifold)
-Gen V Intake manifold
-JTSVenom Crank underdrive pulley & belt
-Belanger Long tube Headers
-Belanger hi-flow cats & midpipes
-Belanger catback
-ACR-X Catch can (Peterson Fluid Systems)
--Both valve covers drilled and tapped into the baffles

Drivetrain/Suspension

-2014 Viper TA Sidewinder II Wheels
-Motorsports technologies 3/8" rear hubcentric spacer + ET Nuts
-Toyo R888 Tires (275/35/18 & 345/30/19)
-KW V3+ ACR remote reservoir full adjustable suspension (aluminum bodied)
-RSI E-brake caliper relocation brackets (allows for 18" rear wheels)
-Gen V 3.55 Ring & Pinion (cryo treated)
--Professionally installed and broken-in with all new seals/hardware/bearings
-MGW 'Fangs' short shift ****

Cosmetic/Exterior

-Powder-coated matte black fuel door (Clarity Auto Detaling)
-XPEL Ultimate clear bra (10 year warranty)
--Front bumper
--Hood
--Fenders
--Headlights
--Fog-lights
--Mirrors
-Full color correction & ceramic paint/wheel sealant (Cquartz/Hydro2) (Clarity Auto Detailing)
-MGW Cup-holder trim ring
-XS Carbon Fiber door sills (custom VVO Orange)
-3M 20% Tint all around
-Lloyd custom 'Fangs' Viper floor mats
-Complete LED lighting Conversion
o LED 5k foglights
o LED Dash cluster & gauge upgrade
o LED interior (Map lights, footwells, trunk)
o LED reverse bulbs
o LED license plate
-SRT-10 Plate frame, laser engraved + enamel filled

The usual question is; why the sale? Modding a car is like painting. When you're through with your work, you want a fresh canvas to start another. I have done everything I sat out to do with the car, and now I have the itch for a newer snake and a different setup. I started with a gen 3, moved up to a 4, now I'm ready to take the plunge into a 5. Car was always serviced at Viper Exchange by Morgan (who is the only person I trust with my car and probably the most knowledgeable Viper tech on the planet); or by myself (whenever I had the tools and willingness [time]). Most recent service was performed by Viper Exchange this week (11/22/16), I had ALL the fluids changed (oil, clutch, trans, rear end) and the car looked over. It was given a clean bill of health.

Lastly, on the issue of price, let me be frank. I am asking $67,500 for the vehicle, as-is, and the price is firm. If you are in the market at a price point of 52-62k (which is where the gen 4 market is currently sitting), and think you are going to pay the same money for a dialed in, rare color, low mileage coupe with 25k in mods, as you will for a stock venom red convertible that's passed through 5 auctions and 6 owners; please don't waste either of our time. If you don't see the value in the modifications, this car is not for you. If you don't believe in paying honest money for a dialed in, well sorted car, with a transparent ownership history, this car is not for you. Let's not waste each other's time. Personally, I believe it's a shame to strip this setup back to stock. The car just works, the setup is turn-key reliable, faster than needed for a street car, and has dead stock drivability. The car doesn't reek of gas (still has cats), and is as comfortable carting myself and the misses to a nice dinner as it is diving into turn 2 at COTA. In fact the only way you know it's been modified at all, is the deep rumble of the Belanger exhaust. If the car doesn't move in a few months, I will put it back to stock, and entertain offers. This is not a fire sale, and I really have no reason to sell it other than a wild hair for something new. Vehicle will come with all available stock parts. Serious buyers may contact me with any questions. Best way to reach me is email (alexkorovin01@gmail.com).

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-22-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Please post your photos here as required...no links...thanks

Old 11-22-2016, 08:56 PM
slowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Please post your photos here as required...no links...thanks
Will do sir.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:45 PM

Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Awesome car, GLWS!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Audi R8 is on a distinguished road
wow.. I'm not mad

Old 11-29-2016, 12:25 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
This is literally the best looking viper I've seen. GLWS!

Old 12-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words, PM's replied.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:04 PM
topcarbon will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous

Old 12-13-2016, 08:15 AM
From detail...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-13-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Happy Holidays to you all!

Old 01-02-2017, 10:22 PM
New year, new price. Price dropped to $65,000. That is my bottom dollar. Car will go back to stock in a month or so.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
Your photographer did an amazing job capturing the essence of this car!

Old 01-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Some have requested additional interior pictures, sorry for the noisy cellphone quality!

Name:  0103172103-01_zps8bdiqob7.jpeg
Views: 1141
Size:  4.08 MB
Name:  0103172104-01_zpsjegbuvmk.jpeg
Views: 1167
Size:  7.78 MB
Name:  0103172104a-01_zpsvdgmazgq.jpeg
Views: 1189
Size:  3.32 MB
Name:  0103172105-01_zpslyfpytj6.jpeg
Views: 1175
Size:  2.94 MB
Name:  0103172105a-01_zpsex2btvvr.jpeg
Views: 1096
Size:  1.99 MB
Name:  0103172106-01_zpsigsccdsz.jpeg
Views: 1153
Size:  5.45 MB
Name:  0103172106a-01_zpsea1nclyb.jpeg
Views: 1171
Size:  4.56 MB
Name:  0103172107-01_zpshcoogm6r.jpeg
Views: 1177
Size:  7.24 MB

Old 01-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Next owner will have even further piece of mind, the car is getting a completely refreshed TR6060. I drove a new gen 5 last week and it really showed me that my trans is not as buttery smooth as it was when I took delivery of the car. I also had been noticing from time to time that I would get a slight grind in 3rd and 4th gear at random. Because of the inconsistency and rareness of the issue, I initially chalked it up to boiled clutch fluid (very common in these cars). But after Viper Exchange went through all the fluids a week ago (getting the car ready for sale), I unfortunately still felt some reluctance from the 4th gear synchro. I would never want to purchase anyone else's problems, so I sure as hell am not going to pass this off on the next guy. I want the next owner to get as perfect of a car as I can reasonably deliver--its what I expect from others (as naive as that may be).

Talking to Andy and Morgan they were pretty sure the blocker ring pads (being plastic and 9 years old) had worn away, and were causing the engagement issues. So we pulled the trans, disassembled, and inspected everything. I told them to replace anything and everything that had signs of wear. We found the blocker pads had indeed been destroyed on 2nd-4th, and as such, caused wear on the gear set and synchros. We also saw slight wear on the the input shaft. The list of replacement parts is as follows;
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th blocker ring pads
  • 3rd, 4th synchros
  • 3rd, 4th blocker rings
  • 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear set
  • input shaft
  • input shaft bearing
  • ACR .80 5th gear

Decided might as well make lemonade out of lemons, and if I'm going to be in it for a few grand I need to feel like I at least did something to make the car faster! So we did the .80 5th gear out of the ACR. Should make the car a beast on the top end, and perfect for 1/2 mile runs.

Name:  0105171118_zps7rnmgamz.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  6.38 MB
Name:  0105171119_zpsfnil9ojb.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  6.91 MB
Name:  0105171119a_zpshslmuiwx.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  2.57 MB
Name:  0105171120_zps3nogoxgf.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  6.49 MB
Name:  0105171120a_zpssuyvk9eq.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  6.10 MB
Name:  0105171121_zpsevuoq5dj.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  7.43 MB
Name:  0105171121a_zps8szj4ueo.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  6.37 MB
Name:  0105171121b_zps6fifq35f.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  3.67 MB
Name:  0105171121c_zpsyyqdqoru.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  5.64 MB
Name:  0105171122_zpsnhgnmser.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  6.19 MB
Name:  0105171123_zpstq8q41th.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  6.01 MB
Name:  0105171124_zpsjzpzsisv.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  6.09 MB
Name:  0105171126_zpsbfxoch86.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  6.82 MB
Name:  0105171129_zps3les60sw.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  5.99 MB
Name:  0105171131_zpscytypgot.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  6.71 MB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.