Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2005 Porsche Boxster S W/ 3.8L 911S Engine Swap 400+hp Well Sorted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 08:55 AM
reddogdave is an unknown quantity at this point
SOLD 2005 Porsche Boxster S W/ 3.8L 911S Engine SOLD

Year: 2005
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Price: $30000
Mileage: 33900
Color: Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

SOLD! thanks to everyone who checked out the car, and to our gracious hosts here at 6speed.
For sale is my personal Boxster, it's a 2005 S with a 997S 3.8 engine and a lot of trick upgrades. It has low mileage, is in great condition and is very well sorted. Here is a disription of the car from my eBay listing. If you see this listing up the car is still available, so please reach out to me with any questions or to make an offer. I can answer any question about any part of the car, I have been all through it and did all the work myself.

"With beautiful Midnight blue paint, perfect Metropol blue top and a lovely Stone grey interior, this Porsche is a keen example of the venerable 987 Boxster S. The discrete badge on the rear end, however, gives away its secret: a whopping 3.8 liter 911S engine. That's right, this Boxster has been transformed to be the product Porsche should have made. All the power, style, handling, and fun top down driving that epitomizes the mid-engined roadster, with the beast of an engine that embodies high-performance in a Porsche. Thanks to some nice supporting mods, such as a custom Softronic tune, free flowing exhaust, Maxspeed Motorsports intake plenum, GT3 throttle body, RSS lightweight underdrive pulley, AASCO aluminum flywheel, and high-tech Wavetrac ATBD differential, this 987 handles on rails and has over 400 horsepower to back it up. Stopping the car are Carbotech brake pads and a nicely upgraded GT3 master cylinder, lending a firm, easy to modulate feel to the middle pedal. The clutch and pressure plate are new, as is the clutch slave. The transmission has been treated to a short shifter, upgraded stage 2 Sachs clutch, and Wavetrac differential, making it a delight to snick through the gears and let the tires loose, without ever feeling like you're out of control.

This car has only 33800 miles on the chassis, and the motor has around the same. The Bose stereo sounds great, and the A/C blows ice cold. Heated seats and a center air dam between them make top down driving a quiet, enjoyable time in three seasons, and the climate control and heated rear window make winter driving feel just as cozy.
The Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires were installed in June 2016 and have less than 2000 miles on them. They are assisted in the grip department by Porsche Stability Management, and have tremendous stopping power thanks to the associated brake upgrades. Handling the extra heat that comes with this upgraded engine are a factory center radiator upgrade and a 160 degree thermostat that kicks in much earlier to keep the coolant temp in check.

All around, this Boxster is a beautifully kept example that is just as ready to cruise on the boulevard as it is to hit the curves in the canyons. All of the mods are sorted and backed up with quality work and maintenance to make this car feel like it just rolled off the factory floor. We are in the Philadelphia area and can assist with shipping. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or would like to come see the car in person.

Here is a little video showing startup, the interior and a nice driving demo with exhaust sounds. Enjoy!
"

Since people are interested to know, we are the third owners, the second owner had a catastrophic IMS failure and we bought the car from him directly. Work began in 2012 and was completed in 2014, because the first engine we bought had been rammed into by a forklift and had a bent crank. Sorting took some time, the main issue being a PS fluid leak. We ended up custom machining a fitting for the PS reservoir and it is now completely resolved. This car needs nothing, has no leaks and has many thousands of miles to go before needing any major parts like brake pads, tires, clutch, pressure plate, master cylinder, coolant, trans fluid etc. We spared no expense building it because we built it for ourselves and now you can reap the benefit.

Asking price has been reduced to $30000, please message me here with an offer, any questions, or bid your highest price on ebay. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by reddogdave; 02-20-2017 at 09:24 AM. Reason: sold
Old 01-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Bump! This car's ebay auction ends on sunday evening and is currently well below the asking price! Make sure to bid your highest number and you may win it at a nice discount! Feel free to ask me any questions about the car right here or on ebay! Thanks for looking.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:59 AM
BUMP! This car is still available, and I have just dropped the price down to $30000! It could be yours!

Old 02-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Bump, this car is up on ebay right now, the auction ends sunday night! bid your highest and you may just win this well sorted, super fast boxster!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.