Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1955 300 SL Gullwing Project!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:13 AM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 1955 300 SL Gullwing Project!!!

A friend has a 1955 300SL Gullwing, former race car. This is a big project, been sitting for 30 years, no BODY, bare rolling chassis with running gear. These are rare and $$$ in any shape, and belonged to the late Hans Mandt. Pictures to come. Can be seen in Jacksonville, FL. by appointment.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:09 PM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
Is this for sale?

Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Price and Pics

Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
One of the greatest cars ever made. I saw serial #0000002 once.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:16 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Pics????....

Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I have a restoration shop that I deal with looking for one, any info you have on location and current condition and hisory I can pass on.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
I have a restoration shop that I deal with looking for one, any info you have on location and current condition and hisory I can pass on.
Currently it is in Jacksonville, FL, been sitting (minus the body) since at least the 70s, maybe longer. It belonged to 3 year(in the early 70s) in a row, IMSA mechanic of the year Hans Mandt. Currently, his son owns the car and is wanting a newer Porsche (hint, hint) There is also a 56 300D for sale. I was told that it was raced, but we are still researching that info. This is a basket case, a rare one mind you, so don't laugh when I get the pictures. Remember, only 1,400 examples had been produced from 54-57.

If anyone in the area (north FL.) wants to see it in person, no problem, we can do that.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
can you post a price or at least a range?

Thanks

Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Don't laugh, as it is very rough. Looking for offers over $60K, but it is rare.
Was last raced & crashed in 1962, been sitting since (but not in the same place) that is when the body was removed.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
I understand the value of this car, but what the hell is someone to do without the body?!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
I understand the value of this car, but what the hell is someone to do without the body?!
You can still find body parts, or a custom vintage racer (I'm waiting on a scan of the car in race trim, pre-crash, it is also pictures in an book on BM and pictured as well., again, waiting on the scan. The chassis, vin & correct running gear are the real high $$$ parts, as the body can be re-created,. A few more pix and the other 300 that is for sale

Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Do you have a pic of one that has been restored? Also what does a restoration cost? Do know anyone in Florida who could handle this?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I know this thing is worth money but you gotta have vision, I just had a good laugh...

Old 12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
how much for the white benz? does that run too?

Old 12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
It will be cheaper to buy a nice one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1955 300 SL Gullwing Project!!!