Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Indigo731 is on a distinguished road
I have Bentley CGT and she has a problem Rear Spoiler!

Does anyone know what could cause a malfuction in the deployment of
the rear spoiler? The light is on in the dash and the manual deployment does
not move it period. I shy away from further examination because it
may get stuck in up position. Help please.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:57 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by Indigo731
Does anyone know what could cause a malfuction in the deployment of
the rear spoiler? The light is on in the dash and the manual deployment does
not move it period. I shy away from further examination because it
may get stuck in up position. Help please.
Mine did this recently and it turned out there is a metal sleeve near the end of the wire rod had came apart. The metal sleeve had a tack weld that came apart. There is supposed to be a plastic piece that fits around this metal sleeve but it had failed which allowed the metal sleeve to separate. Because of this, the wire inside the rod on one side was binding. You have to pull the carpet off the inside of the trunk to access the motor and supporting hardware for the rear spoiler. Take a look and see if it is the same for you.

On a different note, if you can't figure out whats going on, you can unplug the rear spoiler motor and manually lower it on the torx bit screw located in the center of it. The light on the dash will be on but at least the spoiler can be retracted down.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Indigo731 is on a distinguished road
Thanks so very much. I will look into it ASAP.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
Thank you for this great thread!
Does anyone know if any of the VW phaeton's front suspension parts are compatible?

Last edited by djjoonie; 06-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Pretty cool. Great job compiling that info.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:34 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
Here is how to disable the TPMS system and get rid of the light!

After a long research, I figured out how to disable the infamous TPMS Light.

First, pull the fuse #11 from the fuse box located in the driver side boot on top of the battery.

Next, get the Vag can bus scanner or ('v-checker' from ebay). V202 is what i got.

last, go to menu #19 from the scanner, hit coding, type in 0000006.
edited:
Originally Posted by montyfd
Not always 0000006, just type in exactly the same, that was coded before.
TA-DA~ light is gone!

Make sure you always check the tire pressure and enjoy!!

Last edited by djjoonie; 01-10-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 AM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Not always 0000006, just type in exactly the same, that was coded before. That re-coding makes the gateway seach for all controllers active in the car. And as the TPMS fuse is out, the car does not see it and "thinks" the car has no TPMS system, so no warning lamp will come anymore.
For re-activating put in the fuse and do the same again

Old 06-10-2012, 05:46 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, thanks for the info!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Not always 0000006, just type in exactly the same, that was coded before. That re-coding makes the gateway seach for all controllers active in the car. And as the TPMS fuse is out, the car does not see it and "thinks" the car has no TPMS system, so no warning lamp will come anymore.

Thanks!, btw it seems like you knew how to disable it all this time, just didnt tell us how.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 AM
bentleyw12 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by ExoticCarDriver
Mine did this recently and it turned out there is a metal sleeve near the end of the wire rod had came apart. The metal sleeve had a tack weld that came apart. There is supposed to be a plastic piece that fits around this metal sleeve but it had failed which allowed the metal sleeve to separate. Because of this, the wire inside the rod on one side was binding. You have to pull the carpet off the inside of the trunk to access the motor and supporting hardware for the rear spoiler. Take a look and see if it is the same for you.

On a different note, if you can't figure out whats going on, you can unplug the rear spoiler motor and manually lower it on the torx bit screw located in the center of it. The light on the dash will be on but at least the spoiler can be retracted down.

Hello, Just wanted to share with you all, I had exactley the same issue. The black metal sleeve had come apart and so i ended up glueing it back together and putting some plastic zip ties around it. Its held so far (3 months and 2000miles of motor way driving)

Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 AM
bentleyw12 is on a distinguished road
Red face Bentley Continental GT W12 - Heat Pump Valve Issue

Hello, Anyone had any issues with passenger side of the compartment blowing only hot air, even when you change the controls on the climate control, there seems to be no cooling coming through.

Did a scan on VAG-COM and nothin on there (apart from drivers seat inializing errer?!)

Someone pointed me in the direction of the heat pump valve, which basically has two actuators one for the drivers side and the other for the passenger side (Part No 3D2959617C). We believe this could be at fault - solunoid not turning valve to bypass hot coolent going to heat exchangers.

I've sourced the part, having it replaced soon so will report if this fixed the issue!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Quite a bit of info that covers the Bentley Continental GT, as the core of the car is a VW Phaeton.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1652232

Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
TPMS reset using VAS

Originally Posted by djjoonie
After a long research, I figured out how to disable the infamous TPMS Light.

First, pull the fuse #11 from the fuse box located in the driver side boot on top of the battery.

Next, get the Vag can bus scanner or ('v-checker' from ebay).

last, go to menu #19 from the scanner, hit coding, type in 0000006.

TA-DA~ light is gone!

Make sure you always check the tire pressure and enjoy!!
"What function is menu #19? Is it the "CAN Gateway"? I am using the VAS 5051 diagnostics and wish to replicate what you have achieved. Thanks for any information

Last edited by PMS; 11-16-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: expansion of reply
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Cool

I am using the VAS 5051 diagnostic system. Am I correct that all I need to do is to programme in the existing gateway code (Once the fuse is removed)? If so, I just need to figure out how to code the gateway using the VAS 5051.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Marcus22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PMS
I am using the VAS 5051 diagnostic system. Am I correct that all I need to do is to programme in the existing gateway code (Once the fuse is removed)? If so, I just need to figure out how to code the gateway using the VAS 5051.
Not to rehash an older thread but does anyone know how to disable the TPMS using the Vas 5054/5051 as opposed to the hand held vag-com?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread