Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley's Reliability?

Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 PM
tso
tso is on a distinguished road
Bentley's Reliability?

Ok well I'm strongly considering getting a Bentley, but how reliable are they? I want it to be a day to driver that can take 10,000-15,000 miles a year. Can the Bentley do that? I take very good care of my cars and change fluids often. How do Bentley's hold up? I have a Ferrari F430 but they run at such high RPM I don't think the engine could handle it. Also that would cost a **** load of maintanence, also how much is he maintanence on Bentley's?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
So far mine had no prob except for this stupid annoying tpms malfunction light.
this car is meant to be driven everyday, rain, shine or snow.
you can search this forum and find multiple threads about reliability.
good luck

Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Let us see, i drive the CGT about 9k a year in the rain... deeeeeeeep snow... sunny days... and she literally sits uncovered in the rain/snow/sun etc as i have no garage. Been a year with her and so far so good. My only major complaint is that Bentley needs to get on the ball and offer modern Bluetooth module for models before 2008 so the cell phone integrates... though hoping DICE Electronics comes out with their new MediaBridge for the CGT as it will be far cheaper, have Bluetooth and handle far more technology.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Cpais, thanks and spoke to the Bentley parts guy last week and he said the newest module may still be hit and miss with some phones. Do you have the part number as have been investigating VW/Audi modules. Did Bentley come out with an even newer Bluetooth module my dealer service guy might not be aware of?

The Dice Electronics unit will be around $300 or so, how much did it cost to upgrade to Bentley's newest Bluetooth module? What versions/protocol/stack of Bluetooth does the new Bentley module handle? Does it download your address book too?

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 06-26-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned
Cpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Cpais, thanks and spoke to the Bentley parts guy last week and he said the newest module may still be hit and miss with some phones. Do you have the part number as have been investigating VW/Audi modules. Did Bentley come out with an even newer Bluetooth module my dealer service guy might not be aware of?

The Dice Electronics unit will be around $300 or so, how much did it cost to upgrade to Bentley's newest Bluetooth module? What versions/protocol/stack of Bluetooth does the new Bentley module handle? Does it download your address book too?
It didn't download the address book but the I-phone works through the factory bluetooth and that's the reason it was done so that's all that matters to us. If the address book can be uploaded I have no idea how but that's not really important to me I don't think.

What kind of phone did you want to use? The Bentley one is expensive. If you don't want to spend the money just get a regular aftermarket one.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Agree the new module works with the iPhone, yet not everyone uses those. As i recall, the 'new' module for the Bentley is still a few years behind in technology and was hoping a newer module was released. If you could, please list the part number on your invoice so i can cross reference it. Don't mind investing the $1000+ Bentley wants PROVIDED the new module works with a wide variety of phones on the market today (and hopefully can be flashed as technologies/protocols become available). Many thanks.

The stock 2006 Bentley module works great with rSAP, yet newer Bluetooth in-car devices in many Japanese and American cars offer so much more.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Drive mine everyday.. No issues.. The bluetooth part is annoying though..

I was in a Nissan Sentra last week that had far superior phone system than the Bent..

Just does not have the HP..

Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned
Cpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jackedwards
Drive mine everyday.. No issues.. The bluetooth part is annoying though..

I was in a Nissan Sentra last week that had far superior phone system than the Bent..

Just does not have the HP..
European Nav and entertainment systems just suck, they are always far behind when it comes to this. European customers don't really care about that but in the US we want every option possible when it comes to this.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Assuming you're talking about a Continental or Flying Spur, you can expect a very well engineered and reliable car.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:00 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
It's my DD and it's rock solid through rain, snow and anything else you can throw at it

Old 07-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Bad Chariot is on a distinguished road
Let us see, i drive the CGT about 9k a year in the rain... deeeeeeeep snow... sunny days... and she literally sits uncovered in the rain/snow/sun etc as i have no garage. Been a year with her and so far so good. My only major complaint is that Bentley needs to get on the ball and offer modern Bluetooth module for models before 2008 so the cell phone integrates... though hoping DICE Electronics comes out with their new MediaBridge for the CGT as it will be far cheaper, have Bluetooth and handle far more technology.

We don't get alot of snow in New England, you must have a bad depth perception!

I thought my snow blower was going to send up the white flag last winter, I ended up hiring a plow guy for anything over 12 inches I was so tired of doing it!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bad Chariot
I thought my snow blower was going to send up the white flag last winter, I ended up hiring a plow guy for anything over 12 inches I was so tired of doing it!
Well, since the CGT has 4WD and plenty of torque... maybe Bentley or someone can create a Snow Plow Package option for those of us who get snow by the metre/yard

Another nice option would be trailer hookup with the 6-way round electrical plug. Imagine the Bentley towing an open Featherlite hauler with Ferrari (or Lotus/Ariel Atom to keep the British theme) in tow

Bad Chariot, to give you a hint as to my location, the last landline phone number i had was ONE DIGIT off from the number for the Mt. Washington Observatory. Sometimes i'd get fat-finger dialers calling me at 5am asking what conditions were like.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-04-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Well, since the CGT has 4WD and plenty of torque... maybe Bentley or someone can create a Snow Plow Package option for those of us who get snow by the metre/yard

Another nice option would be trailer hookup with the 6-way round electrical plug. Imagine the Bentley towing an open Featherlite hauler with Ferrari (or Lotus/Ariel Atom to keep the British theme) in tow

Bad Chariot, to give you a hint as to my location, the last landline phone number i had was ONE DIGIT off from the number for the Mt. Washington Observatory. Sometimes i'd get fat-finger dialers calling me at 5am asking what conditions were like.
Oh you changed address', we met in 2004/2005 at the Budweiser plant show when you had the Ferrari. You had a video playing on the DVD in your dash of a car show I believe. You were showing my wife and I the ins/out of the car, was a 328 Euro XXXX something right?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bad Chariot
Oh you changed address', we met in 2004/2005 at the Budweiser plant show when you had the Ferrari.
Wow, that was a few years back, been through two other cars since then

You had a video playing on the DVD in your dash of a car show I believe. You were showing my wife and I the ins/out of the car, was a 328 Euro XXXX something right?
Yes, a modded Euro 308 i flung around the track a lot (so a car cheap enough that i could 'wall' and not be really concerned about) and as i recall the video was me driving the car at WGI or LRP. The head unit was the then new Pioneer AVIC single DIN size DVD with 6" screen, was a nice little system for that time. Will you be attending this falls Budweiser show? If so, let's meet up!

PS: Photos of the 308 are in my 'garage' section of my profile on this discussion board. Modded it quite a bit for hardcore track use, then realized racing was for me and so dumped the slow Ferrari for a far faster F2000 open wheel track car (also in the 'garage' in my profile). Link is https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/members/stevenrmusic-46165-albums/

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-05-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I am not 100% that I will be attending or not, the last time I was at the show I had no kids now I have 2 little girls and they occupy my weekends. Funny is now I live ALOT close to Merrimack then when I lived right outside of Boston so it's a TBD.

I remember right after the show there was a tons of pics on Fchat and there is a pic of me & my wife next to your car but our heads are cutoff. I know it was me because I had a brace on my elbow and well... I know my wife's body! LOL

If I can make it, I will drop you a PM and we'll exchange cell #'s.

Talk to ya later
Mike