Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

memory seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cl600bill
Thanks Dr. for this old post. It solved my problem with the memory seat. I had tried all the seat resets from instructions on the VW Phaeton site but missed the steering wheel resets. Problem solved --- trip to dealer avoided. Still may have to visit dealer for keyless key programming on 2 brand new keys. Any suggestions there?
Also, has anyone found an online owners manual for a 2006 Continental GT? Need the info but not in a leather bound $300 to $500 edition.
Thanks again
Glad to be of help. I do believe you will have to go to the dealer for the key programming and I hope the charges are reasonable. It's a shame the owners manual did not come with the car. I presume you bought used and of course took $500 off the sale price due to the lack of a leather covered book?

G'day.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 09-08-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cl600bill
Thanks Dr. for this old post. It solved my problem with the memory seat. I had tried all the seat resets from instructions on the VW Phaeton site but missed the steering wheel resets. Problem solved --- trip to dealer avoided. Still may have to visit dealer for keyless key programming on 2 brand new keys. Any suggestions there?
Also, has anyone found an online owners manual for a 2006 Continental GT? Need the info but not in a leather bound $300 to $500 edition.
Thanks again
There are quite a few offered on eBay.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:25 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
I got caught in a thunderstorm yesterday and all the doorcard and seat control got soaking wet through whilst trying to squeeze my little one into the child seat in the back.

Went for a drive today to find all controls working fine except the 123 memeory buttons not responding.

A quick search on the forum from my iphone and followed the above instructions and problem solved.

Thank you DrD

This forum is great

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have met to top notch chaps on the forum.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:49 PM
cerex is on a distinguished road
-->This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bought my 07 GT 7 months ago and have never been able to program the seat memories or the key profiles.

Only driver so never really bothered to care.
Today my son and I did some cleaning he moved all the seats around - annoying BUT:
I finally decided to research the issue.
Read this thread.
  • 5 minutes later I have seat memories working and the user key profile is stored as well...

Thank you, Dr. Disaster,

Old 05-29-2021, 02:28 PM
shanni10 is an unknown quantity at this point
I must be doing something wrong. I have a 2006 Flying Spur and have tried this 3 times. Do you have to sit inside and do all the seat movements and close driver door?

I have opened the door, ignition on, then started on the driver door settings. Once complete, open driver side door and followed same instructions. Back to driver side (door still open) do the steering wheel adjustments.

There are no beeps to say this is all done and when I try to save memory seats, Nothing! De-Nada.

What am i missing?

Old 05-30-2021, 01:25 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
You don't have to sit inside. There could be another issue at play, though.

FIWIW VCDS by Ross-Tech can do this automatically for you

C

Old 05-30-2021, 05:11 AM
shanni10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheers Catman, I have contacted the supplier for the hardware as well.

Ps Is this the order I need to go in - height, tilt, backrest and cushion or can it be any order? maybe that is the issue as I have been doing this bit in any order

Old 05-30-2021, 10:45 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
I don't know if it'll make a difference, but the manual (and VCDS) do front / back first.....
C

Old 01-27-2023, 08:22 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shanni10
Cheers Catman, I have contacted the supplier for the hardware as well.

Ps Is this the order I need to go in - height, tilt, backrest and cushion or can it be any order? maybe that is the issue as I have been doing this bit in any order

what is cushion ? the thing under the knees which moves fwd and bckwd?

Old 01-27-2023, 08:54 AM
I have never moved the cushion under the knees as part of the memory seat sync up

Old 01-27-2023, 09:09 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
ok and steering wheel - up and down - ok, but backward and forward - forward means into the gauges direction, or opposite direction?

Old 01-27-2023, 09:21 AM
I do towards gauges first and back to driver last

not 100% certain actual sequence makes a difference vs actually going through the motions Re-learning the top/bottom/forward/back ranges

Old 01-27-2023, 09:38 AM
ty cerex

will try - did that once - i failed / memory did not work

Old 01-28-2023, 12:20 PM
no success - did the procedure 2 times more - the memory on driver side does not work

1. btw - when the procedure would be successful then the memory of each seats would be reset and no previous settings would work???

2. if i have no luck with manual memory reset is it possible to do it via vcds? what menu what codes etc?

3. what other possibilities may be that driver side memory does not work while the passenger is working ok?

Last edited by sazam; 01-29-2023 at 09:20 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: memory seat