Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Anyone ever change this bulb? Seems impossible to reach, headlamp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:26 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
FYI,

I got my light changed by the dealer for $250. After my light went out, I became super self-conscious while driving the car and began to every other cars that are missing one headlight.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:15 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Oh no!

After washing my car today, the driver side of the light went out!

When my passenger light was out, it didn't show any warning message on Dash. Now, I get a 'Please check light'.

What is the difference?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 PM
I have rather small hands so will appreciate if someone could write down the basic instruction of replacing the bulbs.

Where do I access it? From the engine bay?

Old 04-22-2014, 12:25 AM
eyceburg11 is on a distinguished road
Today I accomplished this bulb change. It wasn't easy but after about an hour I got it done.

I first took off the rubber intake pipe on both sides. Then after fiddling around I figured out how to pop off the cover where the bulb lives. Simply push in a tab on on one side of the cover and it pops right off. The passenger side was much tougher to get off since its a smaller space and there is another smaller plastic hose that get in the way.

Changing the bulb to LED was straight forward but did take some fiddling around. Again, very tight space esp on the passenger side.

Putting the cover back is extremely tricky. I was about to not even but them back on. I got them back on but not a perfectly, but its better than nothing I guess.

here is a picture of the finished product, its hard to tell in this pic but the new LED is much "bluer"

[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	light_zpsa89d0a03.jpg
Views:	6582
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	363671  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:11 PM
dinoroad is on a distinguished road
hihi

i bought the Philips led bulbs and the B dealer shop called me today saying that ounce he changed the led he had the Change light message or error message

i need to buy new ones, who had no error message??

i am looking for a 4k color not the 6k nor 5k

thanks frds

Last edited by dinoroad; 04-22-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:10 PM
dinoroad is on a distinguished road
Guys i found that, i ll try them and tell u the result

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ca...-for-led-lamps

with the leds i allready have

http://www.autolamps-online.com/prod...-Lifetime.html

Old 04-27-2014, 05:06 PM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting all the guys who have fought this battle before. I just ordered two W5W bulbs from a US eBay seller for my 2009 GT as I don't like the yellow look.

Question. How did you get to the bottom clamp on the intake hose to allow better access to the bulb? Or did you just loosen the top hose clamp and push it out of the way? I was thinking about removing the wheel and the wheel well housing but after looking at it I don't think it will give me any better access.

I know this is do-able. Just don't want to wast a lot of my time removing pieces that don't help with the access!!!

Thanks

Kim

Last edited by kimpearsonusa; 04-28-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Is your GT Cypress Green by chance? The picture in your garage looks like it is. Anyway I just bought a 2009 green GT with Saddle interior and am trying to change the yellow driving lights to white LED's.

Is there a number I could call you sometime for a quick chat?

Thanks

Kim

St. Louis MO
314/422-0388

Old 05-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Unhappy Help

[QUOTE=eyceburg11;4097004]Today I accomplished this bulb change. It wasn't easy but after about an hour I got it done.

I first took off the rubber intake pipe on both sides. Then after fiddling around I figured out how to pop off the cover where the bulb lives. Simply push in a tab on on one side of the cover and it pops right off. The passenger side was much tougher to get off since its a smaller space and there is another smaller plastic hose that get in the way.

Changing the bulb to LED was straight forward but did take some fiddling around. Again, very tight space esp on the passenger side.

Putting the cover back is extremely tricky. I was about to not even but them back on. I got them back on but not a perfectly, but its better than nothing I guess.

here is a picture of the finished product, its hard to tell in this pic but the new LED is much "bluer"

Boy you are a better man than I am.

I fought this thing for 3 hours today with no luck on my 2009 GT. I took off the intake hose but could not get a socket on the hose clamp at the bottom of the hose. I took off the front engine lower cover to get access from the bottom. Still couldn't get it off because the antilock brake value was in the way. I am only 160 lbs and have small hands but there was no way to get at it!

Help

Kim

Old 09-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Apex_t is on a distinguished road
Guys what led bulbs work with no error message? I'm looking for the stock white color nothing more blue. Thanks

Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 PM
awchristler is on a distinguished road
im having the same issue as the OP my bulb has burnt out, what kind of bulb is it? thanks

Old 02-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
So just how hard is it to remove the front Bumper............sorry guys Fender
I have hands like a coal shovel and don't think I would be able to do such a job.

it looks to me that I would have to remove the Fender.
Cheers,
Frank

Old 02-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
I have hands like a coal shovel and don't think I would be able to do such a job.

Frank

I have the hands of a surgeon and that is exactly why I ain't sticking them in there to get them all scratched up.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:45 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
When I see my Indie next week I will ask for his wisdom on this matter.

I have just bought two LED's for the front side lights and my missus says they have to be fitted as she hates the yellow look of the standard lamps.
I will let you know soon.

Les.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Well, I spoke to the Indie today when I collected my car and asked how he would change the side light bulbs. He said he normally takes the air filters and pipes off to access them.
So, that's what I will try next week when I get a minute. Or should that be an hour or two?

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever change this bulb? Seems impossible to reach, headlamp