Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

oblique ocularity ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
oblique ocularity ??

in this month's issue of road and track ,sept. '13 pg. 59, review of the newly re designed flying spur they refer the the continental gt as having oblique ocularity.strong words. do you think the gt is of disjointed design? has an un appealing design? i think the car has an exceptionally sporty design and a classic silhouette ( the wraith copied it).shou;d i cancel my road and track subscription(again)?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
I like the design overall, but can't stand the rear, especially the taillights. In my opinion, they definitely screwed up the rear of that car. If any element of that rear end design makes it to the next CGT, it will be a sad, sad day for me. Having said that, I am sure there will be buyers who will rave about the rear end design. To each their own I guess.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Hey ek1 my son-in-law said the same thing about my car so your opinion is shared by some. Funny I never saw any problem with the rear end. All I see is fine and nice big black booty.

"Oblique occularity"?? Sounds like they went searching a long way to find some high brow verbiage. I would not cancel my subscription but I would always question their esthetic evaluations. Put simply they are full of crap.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
All I see is fine and nice big black booty.
And the GTC looks good too

Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
I thought about it some more and I think it has something to do with the fact that tail lights are more rectangular in shape and don't play well with the rest of the lines. To understand what I mean, look at the Mulsanne and CGT- to me its pure elegance and perfection. They nailed it. Another thing that does not play too well is the fact that the actual LED element inside the light it oval, while the light itself is rectangular. In my opinion it just does not "flow", if you know what I mean.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
I thought about it some more and I think it has something to do with the fact that tail lights are more rectangular in shape and don't play well with the rest of the lines. To understand what I mean, look at the Mulsanne and CGT- to me its pure elegance and perfection. They nailed it. Another thing that does not play too well is the fact that the actual LED element inside the light it oval, while the light itself is rectangular. In my opinion it just does not "flow", if you know what I mean.
Your talking about the new GT right? My old 07 has nice rounded tail light covers and oval bulb design. All more of that rounded azz.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
All more of that rounded azz.
i sense a theme in your posts. Hmmm...

Old 08-29-2013, 01:32 PM
ek1
Your talking about the new GT right? My old 07 has nice rounded tail light covers and oval bulb design. All more of that rounded azz.
I like my CGT 2011 rear style a little better than the new 2012+ CGT style, but to me both of them still look a lot better than the new Spur.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by ek1
I like my CGT 2011 rear style a little better than the new 2012+ CGT style, but to me both of them still look a lot better than the new Spur.
I have not seen the new Spur sorry I will search it out.

Steven I need to clean it up a tad don't I?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
I prefer the old tail lights.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO the GT has the rear lift up spoiler too far away from the rear of the car. its almost like it was an afterthought.
I would like to disable mine and fit a subtle permanently raised rear wing/spoiler. Perhaps not as big as the one on myCosworth....re my avatar picture