Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
New member.

Hi folks.

I have just joined the forum having recently become a Bentley owner.
I had fancied a Continental GT for a long time, but whilst in the UK last month my daughter arranged a test drive in a new V8 GTC at Bentley Manchester. It was a birthday surprise. Nice!
After the test drive I was hooked. The following morning, my daughter and my better half found a low mileage 2004 GT in the colours that I wanted, Black on Portland hide.
Within the hour we were off to view and I bought it on the spot.
I collected it the next day, my birthday as it happened and then handed over my beloved late model Jaguar XJR in part exchange for the GT.
I have to say that the Jag' was fantastic and I had spent lots on it with modifications and upgrades. But that's another story.
The Bentley however is something else. I love it and so does the missus.
I've had a couple of issues since getting back to France, one horn not working, now fixed. Bass speakers not working, new ones on order. Plus a set of new discs and pads on order which I will fit this weekend.
A pair of BMC filters have been ordered too.
I have already fitted a Dice unit for my 80GB I-Pod. Easy job, plus I found a late model key fob which will replace the old one.
The only other thing of note is that I have painted the lower grilles silver and am very pleased with the result. It certainly updates the look.
Anyway, that's a lot for a first post so I will say bye for now.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard Les and thanks for a great first post! Wow, wonderful Birthday present!!! By chance are you adopting

Enjoy the GT, they are indeed wonderful automobiles.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome.
Well done......now how about some pictures.
What's the unit for your ipod I need some thing for mine as well?

Frank

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
I have also just recently taken delivery of a new V8 and I'm also enjoying the Bentley experience.

I'm having some difficulty in getting my music onto the hard drive, but I'm making progress, thanks to good advice from 'enjoythemusic' on here.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:43 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
congratulations on your wise choice, i too purchased a 2004 gt 2 years ago. wonderful ride, and also got the colors i wanted: dark sapphire over saffron/brunnel. as you know, trouble free car if you maintain.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Sunnyside.

The I-Pod unit is a 'Dice Duo'. They are actually meant for Audi/VW cars but they work in the Bentley also. There is no track info on screen though, but I can live with that.
The unit replaces the CD changer which simply slides out if you have the removal tool.
I have nearly 1,800 tunes on my I-Pod which is much better than 6 CD's.

I will sort out some photo's as soon as I can.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi Sunnyside.

The I-Pod unit is a 'Dice Duo'. They are actually meant for Audi/VW cars but they work in the Bentley also. There is no track info on screen though, but I can live with that.
The unit replaces the CD changer which simply slides out if you have the removal tool.
I have nearly 1,800 tunes on my I-Pod which is much better than 6 CD's.

I will sort out some photo's as soon as I can.

Regards. Les.
Thanks good reply and I would appreciate any information you have.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi Sunnyside.

Not sure if I can name the source on the forum but I got the Dice unit from Dynamic Sounds.
It was £113 delivered to France so should be a little cheaper to you.
It's a 5 minute job to fit if you have the implement to remove the CD player. I didn't and struggled for a while.
Got there in the end though. I imagine the tool would be available on ebay or from Halfords..
The sound is as good as the CD too.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Hi folks.

I have just joined the forum having recently become a Bentley owner.
I had fancied a Continental GT for a long time, but whilst in the UK last month my daughter arranged a test drive in a new V8 GTC at Bentley Manchester. It was a birthday surprise. Nice!
After the test drive I was hooked. The following morning, my daughter and my better half found a low mileage 2004 GT in the colours that I wanted, Black on Portland hide.
Within the hour we were off to view and I bought it on the spot.
I collected it the next day, my birthday as it happened and then handed over my beloved late model Jaguar XJR in part exchange for the GT.
I have to say that the Jag' was fantastic and I had spent lots on it with modifications and upgrades. But that's another story.
The Bentley however is something else. I love it and so does the missus.
I've had a couple of issues since getting back to France, one horn not working, now fixed. Bass speakers not working, new ones on order. Plus a set of new discs and pads on order which I will fit this weekend.
A pair of BMC filters have been ordered too.
I have already fitted a Dice unit for my 80GB I-Pod. Easy job, plus I found a late model key fob which will replace the old one.
The only other thing of note is that I have painted the lower grilles silver and am very pleased with the result. It certainly updates the look.
Anyway, that's a lot for a first post so I will say bye for now.

Regards. Les.

Welcome Les and congrats on the new purchase!

Anyway, how did you fix your horn? I think my horn is broken as well because it sounds more like a clown car than a Bentley.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks Lilo.

Just replied to your post re the horn with the solution.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Here is a photo of my new ride, just the one for now but I will take some more.
Les.

Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Here is a photo of my new ride, just the one for now but I will take some more.
Les.
Sweet

Old 09-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks Sunnyside.

I was trying to post a bigger picture but had no luck.
I must be missing something.

Les.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the filters once you have them installed and have driven a few miles Les

Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Hi.

The filters have still not arrived but the new brake discs and pads are all done, as are the new front bass speakers. They sound much better, although I did have to do a little bit of modifying to get them to sit correctly.
The brake job was easy enough though.

Now I'm off to have another go at the phone problem.

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member.