Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2012 Stock Audio System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
2012 Stock Audio System

I'm looking into picking up a 2012 CGT Mulliner and the only thing that concerns me is that it has the stock audio system. Has anyone had the chance to A/B the stock vs. Naim on the newer models? I haven't heard the Naim, and if the stock system is more than adequate I will make it a point not to.

The stock system in my CLS550 is fine for daily driving. The B&O in my R8 is a little hot in the treble and has no adjustment for the midrange. My Aston had the Alpine system which was good. FWIW, my home system is a Theta Casablanca/Dreadnaught/Aerial 7B setup. I just don't want to end up with a thin sounding system.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive home system and had Theta gear too years ago (DAC 3 balanced/Data 2 with single-mode optical connection). IMHO you really should try and hear both and decide for yourself. Agree that many so-called 'high-end' car audio systems that are stock need to have an 'advanced' feature for those who desire deeper adjustment ability. Five band EQ is still not enough and in fact one app offers 1000(!) band eq. 10-band would be reasonable, adjustable Q would also be nice. Would love to have Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ XT32 with Pro computer interface/calibration option. Wonder if the factory folks even read this board....

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-15-2013 at 07:27 AM.