Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help with Nokia mobile.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Help with Nokia mobile.

My Nokia 6310i arrived today but upon fitting it into the holder I get a message stating 'Phone unavailable'.
The manual states that a Pin number 'may' be needed, but is it necessary? My phone isn't set up with a Pin at the moment.
The car had a 'Bury' Bluetooth unit fitted when I bought it, but I removed it as it was faulty.
I'm hoping that whoever fitted the 'Bury' unit didn't do away with part of the original system in some way.
Any idea's anyone?

Regards. Les.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Pin the probably the SIM pin, I think those are usually 0000 but call whomever you got the SIM from just to be sure.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
I just bought a Nokia 6100 and it works fine, no PIN needed. I think the cradle fitments allow for 6100 and 6310, mine being a 2005 car took the 6100.

I bought the SIM new about 9 months ago for my Porsche and it worked in that car too so perhaps that has something to do with my success?

Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I've been using the Sim for a couple of years in my Jaguar so I know it's OK.
There must be another problem somewhere.
Hopefully the 6310i is the same as the 6310.
The Bentley is a 2004 if that helps.
I will try again tomorrow.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Still no luck. The system doesn't even ask for a Sim. I just get the phone unavailable message.
Back to the drawing board.

Les.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
they have probably removed the phone control module which in your car is accessed inside the trunk. have you got a vas or vag com, can you see if you can talk to phone module.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi Bentleytech.

I've tried all sorts but to no avail. Even tried adding a pin to the phone.
I don't have vas or vag com but I do have an Autel MOT Pro. I will see if that can cast any light on things.
The Nokia phone does charge and it shows a little car symbol on the screen when the ignition is switched on.

Regards. Les.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
have you got the CD with the wiring diags on,if you have you will se the control module location and it is accessed via the trunk,8 or 10 torx screws hold the trunk carpet trim in place and if you lower that you will see if control module is there.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Many thanks Bentleytech.

I will have a look.

Les.