Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Battery life while parked?

Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Battery life while parked?

Can someone provide feedback as to the maximum amount of time our cars can spend parked before batteries run down? I am going to drive my 911 for a few weeks while the Bentley is getting some rest and I remember reading some horror stories here about cars suffering form all sorts of glitches after batteries run down.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
i have heard/read the same horror stories. i use trickle charger if i won't be driving the car for a week

Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Have left the 06 GT @ airport for 10 days and she started right up.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:09 PM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Bentley makes a trickle charger. Comes in a nice Bentley bag. And plugs in to battery with factory groove at edge of the trunk for the wire to access for your electric outlet.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
i ran the trickle charge connector to the front of the drivers side back seat so i connect/disconnect when i open drivers door. i avoid opening trunk

Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by smgco
Bentley makes a trickle charger. Comes in a nice Bentley bag. And plugs in to battery with factory groove at edge of the trunk for the wire to access for your electric outlet.
The problem is there is no access to electricity in the garage where the car is parked. That's exactly why I asked how long it can sit without being charged.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
ek1, you can always buy a $70 battery-powered jumper. Also, if you do have problems FIRST try turning the key counter-clockwise for a few seconds as this 'links' the batteries for starting.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
That's exactly why I asked how long it can sit without being charged.
I guess you will be telling us. I guess these things have all kinds of electrical requirement even while sitting but I will say it is absurd if a car will not sit for two weeks and not start right up.

Come to think of it I might just call a dealer and ask him the question and see what they say.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
My 2004 CGT is my 4th car and ubfortunately does not get much use. I only get to drive it about once a month and never had any battery problems.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Digger11
My 2004 CGT is my 4th car and ubfortunately does not get much use. I only get to drive it about once a month and never had any battery problems.
Digger am glad to hear that and I would think any car ought to be able to go a month and not die.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 PM
fahad502 is on a distinguished road
i think more then 6 months,its depends about the quality of the battery

Old 09-28-2013, 06:46 PM
ek1
Unfortunately my battery test was interrupted by a fuel delivery problem developed by the 911, but I am happy to report that the Bentley started right up after sitting for over a week.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:36 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
So your trickle charger is like hardwired in to the car?

Do a week or two without any issues but battery was replaced last year.

J

Originally Posted by larryr
i ran the trickle charge connector to the front of the drivers side back seat so i connect/disconnect when i open drivers door. i avoid opening trunk

Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by ek1
Unfortunately my battery test was interrupted by a fuel delivery problem developed by the 911, but I am happy to report that the Bentley started right up after sitting for over a week.
Hate to laugh,(not really) but the Porsche goes down and the Bentley keeps going. RELIABILITY baby! That is one of the main reasons to buy Bentley.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
ek1
Dr - it was not a fair fight because my 911 is 37 years old

Sometimes I wonder how my Bentley would fare 35 years from now....with all these computerized engine management systems, dynamic suspension, turbos, etc. None of that stuff was designed to last 30+ years.

Whoever owns my car 35 years from now will need to be very well off financially

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Battery life while parked?