Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Tip Toe Through The Water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
Tip Toe Through The Water

Hello all

Winter is on its way in the UK and this morning I had to tip toe through a flooded road to get out of my village. As I watched the cars in front go first, an opportunity to see if I wanted to attempt it, I realised I had a secret weapon - raise the ride hight.

I selected the raised setting on the dash and... well not much happened. Does anyone know how much this actually raises the car (I may measure it this weekend). Perhaps its only about 10mm in which case if it does this gently I'm not likely to notice. Does it do anything!

Just a thought as I'm sure this will happen a few times as the weather worsens.

Thanks.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
It barely moves, i tried it recently and thought it was pointless. Its not like a 4x4 which is obvious but it can be seen and felt.

No way will it cope when the floods come.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I think it raises about 2 inches. Works fine here.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
I tried it again this morning and noticed that the display behind the steering wheel tells you when full/normal height is reached. It takes a while to get there so it must raise very gently which is probably why I didn't notice it.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Mine definitely rises and I definitely feel it, even when driving. I dont know if it goes up 2 inches though....seemed more like 1 inch to me looking at the gap between the fender and the wheel before and after

Old 11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
ek1, you are right it might be just be 1 inch. Am a typical guy, so tend to brag how things are a bit more than they truly are

Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Works great on mine also. Probably an inch or two.