Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

usefullness of rear wind screen for GT convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
usefullness of rear wind screen for GT convertible

I wanted opinions on the value of the add on wind screen while cruising with the top down. I had one for a Porsche Carrera 4 cab and it was a waste of money as it did not cut down on wind swirl appreciably. I would like to get feedback from those who have used one.

Thanks in advance,

Robin

Old 12-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Good question.. I just ordered one for my GTC. There's a few pre-owned screens for sale on eBay for cheap. I picked mine up for $200.00

Old 12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have one that came with my car and have never used it. I think there are two reasons, #1 I like the wind, that's why I put the top down and #2 I'm to lazy to fool with it.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Yea Dr. D.....I suppose laziness was much a part of my dislike of the porsche windscreen. But...if it will make momma more likely to drop the top...uh...the convertible top you perverts...I would spring for it.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Hello Robin, Mel Donesky here aka Dr.D. I just posted on your other thread and found your story quite humorous with the AM breakdown on loading. Better then than 20 miles into your first ride.

I just had to write a bit more about the wind when you mentioned the wifey. My wife also hates the wind and she would rather I put the screen up but most of the time I just leave the roof up when she is on board. Now the 19 y/o daughter is another story. She loves 130 mph full wind, blaring loud pop music and tire sliding just like I do.

It is getting a tad cool for top down so i may have to wait till spring for the wind screen test.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Hello Mel,

While driving the '05 GTC rental top down in the Texas Hill Country my wife had no complaints...even though it was a little chilly for her she put on a goose down parka and loved it. I did notice a bit of forward wind swirl moving between the seats and though on a long drive that the wind screen may reduce it. I guess I'll have to see if I am worried about an issue that really isn't an issue once we get the car in. If it were summertime I would definitely say to hell with the car hauler and buy a pair of one-way flights to Philly and drive the new addition down south over a long weekend.....I've got the fever really bad and tylenol just aint cuttin' it!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Hey the top does go up mate.

I know the fever I developed fantasies about driving the car home and to the office before getting my hands on it. Do be mindful that if equipped with max performance summer tires some cold and snow conditions are not advisable. I did drive my car in the mountains of north Ga. one time in slushy conditions and thanks only to the Gods that protect ignorant fools and morons I stayed on the road.

Car hauler??? If I knew you better and you knew me and they allowed off color language on the forum I call you the "P" word. Some refer to their pet cat as one.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:08 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Debated getting one for the GTC yet seems no one really uses them. This is probably why there are new ones for $200 on eBay. Besides the effort to install/remove, just does not seem necessary for front passengers. Those in the back seats have commented it gets very breezy yet the unit eliminates the usage of said back seat so it is a moot point there.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:12 PM
ETM....I, as well as the rest of my OompaLoompa brethern, take great offense at the point of using the back seat with the screen being "mute". I ask that you refrain from such comments or I shall have to take this up with Mr. Wonka's attorney!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:20 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL! Well, was driving the B and had three gals all younger and sexier than I... Am just relaying their comments about the back seat as it pertains to the breeze.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-03-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 PM
jmejones is a jewel in the roughjmejones is a jewel in the roughjmejones is a jewel in the rough
Use it all the time..allows to drive car in much colder weather and keeps the heat blowing on the back of your neck from the seat vents below the headrest. Must have.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by jmejones
Use it all the time..allows to drive car in much colder weather and keeps the heat blowing on the back of your neck from the seat vents below the headrest. Must have.
Thanks for the observation. During a test drive I did notice a column of air moving from the rear compartment forward between the front seats. The ambient temp was about 65F and it was not unpleasant but if on a long drive it may have become. Hmmm...well...it's only money...might have to get one.

Thanks guys