Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Easy entry/exit feature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 02:08 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Easy entry/exit feature?

I assume this feature moves the driver's seat rearward and the steering wheel upward to allow easier vehicle ingress/egress much like other vehicles I have (or had in past...including my 2010 F150 pickup). My 2013 CGT-C does not appear to have this feature, or it is not set-up. Am I incorrect in thinking that this feature is present on our Conti's??? All I can find in my research is "power door latches that provide easy entry/exit". What gives?

Robin

Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Robin, as I recall there is a small button on the left side of the steering wheel column (true side location, not on the front by the usual buttons) you can activate/deactivate that feature for it to move out of the way during entry/exit.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Steven. I noticed a small momentary button on the left column next to the height/length adjustment ****. I asked a salesman the function of the button and he said it does nothing on U.S. models. I thought it strange that a marque such as Bentley would put a "dead" button in their car. I will try depressing it and see what happens.

Robin

Old 12-17-2013, 08:14 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
if you look in your handbook it should say how to set up this feature with the key on unlock and lock if not get back to here and i will walk you through it

Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes, Steven, the button did activate the "easy entry" feature on the steering wheel. I wish it also moved the seat rearward.

Edit- BT...thanks....the vehicle is my wife's DD so I don't have access to the handbook during the day (when I think of these things) and forget to read it at night when the car is home. I will do a thorough read this weekend.

Robin

Last edited by robinardoin; 12-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:38 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Robin.

You should be able to set up the car to each key, assuming you have two. This will set the seat, steering wheel and even the volume of the stereo. It's done via the infotainment screen.

Good luck.

Les.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks Les.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Could someone please post step by step instruction to activate this feature.

I have tried and all I have been able to get was the steering wheel to move up on exit and down on entry.

It works perfectly in our Porsche and even in our VW Tiguan the wheel and the seat move.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Should be in the owner's manual. As i recall it is under the vehicle Menu, then choose User Profile. Basically it sycs to each key FOB's user profile when you have them set/memory. If all else fails, am sure the dealer can help you with this as it is fairly straight-forward. Am sure you'll do it on your own once you get to the User Profile in the menu.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Hey Robin maybe you could just back away from the gumbo table.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:52 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gene G
Could someone please post step by step instruction to activate this feature.

I have tried and all I have been able to get was the steering wheel to move up on exit and down on entry.

It works perfectly in our Porsche and even in our VW Tiguan the wheel and the seat move.

Thanks
Just to be clear...the convenient entry/exit feature will NOT move the seat back (yes, I know other cars move the seat back and yes, it makes common sense to have it work that way, but not for Bentley). It only moves the steering wheel out of the way.

The feature that ExSF is referring to is totally different - it simply associates your seat, steering wheel and mirror memory positions with a particular key, so when you unlock the car with that key, everything will be set automatically.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
yes, you're right EK1 and it's a major PITA!
best way to damage the seats side bolsters!!

I did my own ''easy entry'' system by memorizing an entry and exit position on memory 1 (seat sliding backward/steering wheel up) and my driving position on memory 2 (seat/steering wheel/mirrors). I don't use the key fob memorizing feature.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP

I did my own ''easy entry'' system by memorizing an entry and exit position on memory 1 (seat sliding backward/steering wheel up) and my driving position on memory 2 (seat/steering wheel/mirrors). I don't use the key fob memorizing feature.
I just tried your method in my car and it works, but is still a PITA to use. I am pretty sure I'll keep forgetting to use it because I use my car for commuting and its always a rat race during the day. Maybe the next CGT will have it.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:19 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP

That's exactly what I've been trying to do with my (new to me) 2008 GT Speed. Major problem is I cannot get any seat setting to store. Of course I've followed the Owner's Manual 10 or more times and have read all the forum modifications I could find. Can anyone help?

After a bazillion tries and some mods to the OM process discussed on this forum I was able to finally get the garage door programmed. What a pain!