Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Updating CD to DVD navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:00 PM
gurdas is on a distinguished road
Updating CD to DVD navigation

Hi chaps,

Is anyone aware if the DVD drive found in the later Continental GTs are shared components with any other VAG model car?

G

Old 12-30-2013, 05:09 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
G, believe this was covered here previously and the answer was you could not swap the CD for the DVD. Truly hope I am wrong as the first B here had the CD and the DVD version in the GTC is better/easier.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
ducatirider is on a distinguished road
Have looked into this, you also need to replace the main unit with the screen.

I believe Bentley actually do a complete kit, screen, DVD unit and discs. Price is about $4000.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:52 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
I recommend the following setup:

Components:
1. Audiovox Mediabridge
2. iPad + Google Maps App or TomTom App
3. Smartphone with data plan

Setup:
1. Smartphone bluetooth tether 3G/4G with iPad
2. iPad USB connection to Mediabridge

Since most won't use navigation on a daily basis, the stock map is enough for general direction needs.

When you really need accurate navigation, you can fire up the iPad. Since the iPad is connected to the Mediabridge, the turn-by-turn instruction is announced through the car speakers which feels like factory nav.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
gurdas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilo1980
I recommend the following setup:

Components:
1. Audiovox Mediabridge
2. iPad + Google Maps App or TomTom App
3. Smartphone with data plan

Setup:
1. Smartphone bluetooth tether 3G/4G with iPad
2. iPad USB connection to Mediabridge

Since most won't use navigation on a daily basis, the stock map is enough for general direction needs.

When you really need accurate navigation, you can fire up the iPad. Since the iPad is connected to the Mediabridge, the turn-by-turn instruction is announced through the car speakers which feels like factory nav.
Thanks for your help, I'm trying to get my head around your solution, are you basically suggesting having an iPad randomly floating around the dashboard or is there a way to get what's showing on the iPad on the built in screen?

edit: Hope you don't mind me stealing your avatar Steven!

Last edited by gurdas; 01-01-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gurdas
edit: Hope you don't mind me stealing your avatar Steven!

Sure enjoy... as I took that pic with the previous B. You reminded me it needs to be updated.