Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT V8, SD Card

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:59 AM
Muhairi is on a distinguished road
Bentley Continental GT V8, SD Card

Hello,

I am having an issue with my new bentley, which i've inserted a 128 GB scandisk SD Card for media purposes. However, the car keep popping an error saying " SD card error, please check SD card ". The SD card works fine in the PC as well as the media files format are all mp3 files.

i don't know what is the issue or if im missing something. i would like your help please.

thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Muhairi,

I have been trying to sort out issues with ripping audio CD's to the Bentley HDD. I have another thread on that which I will update shortly. In my search for the solution to my problem I noticed in the owner's manual that the SD drive only accepts cards of 32 GB or less. In your post I noted you have a 128 GB card...that is likely your problem. Re-read the OM in the pages referencing the SD drive...I think there might be more specifics on the type of card accepted (I don't have access to my manual at the moment otherwise I would do it for you)

Good Luck

Robin

Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Yes mine works with smaller cards- not with the larger ones

Old 01-14-2014, 12:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
If we are dreaming..... They might want to, in the future, offer a hookup for outboard SSD. Memory cards are good too of course, yet I like working with SSDs for ease of use and speed of data transfer. An outlet for multiple Micro/SD cards is also welcome. Of curse eventually we'll have enough bandwidth to just stream from our cloud servers.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Heck....I'd settle for a darn USB port. It is 2014, isn't it?. For the 219K MSRP of the vehicle I should have telepathic controls....like my wife thinks she has!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, and may as well make it 'future proof' with asynchronous USB and 2x DSD plus 384kHz/32-bit support please And if we are dreaming, have Audyssey / Dirac allow for our own computer hookup for further system tuning. Well, it is not like I'm asking for triode tube (12AX7, 5687, subminature 6111WA, etc) front-end preamplification World's fastest 4-seater with a warm and glowing tube heart. It would set Bentley above others as no one offers that at this time.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-14-2014 at 12:40 PM.