Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Bnf17 is on a distinguished road
Navigation

Hi,
Just picked up 2014 cgt speed. The navigation system is like no other I have used in years. It is slow. Very slow to find an address or route list.
Anybody else have this issue. The whole touch screen is slow to respond also. I also am told I can't access google maps in the US..
Thanks
Frank

Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Very sad to hear that a new car still has issues with the nab/infotainment center. The 07 I have is hopeless to compete with cars of it's own time much less newer non British cars. I use a Driod Razor and am good with paper maps.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
At least you can use it. Here in Hong Kong all old and new GT nav do not work as no map is available.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jc_333
At least you can use it. Here in Hong Kong all old and new GT nav do not work as no map is available.
Porsche cars in Hong Kong have working navigation system with local maps.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Nav systems are made by 3rd parties anyway, so why can't Bentley use a better system?

Old 01-30-2014, 06:29 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Hi Tged

Yes I know as I looked but map data is stored on hard drive as I cannot find the DVD in the cayenne.

Does your porker have a separate DVD? I know there is workaround using overlay screen for the GT using mapking map.

Friends new GT also doesn't have HK maps which is a real waste of the system.

Thanks
J

Old 01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333
Hi Tged

Yes I know as I looked but map data is stored on hard drive as I cannot find the DVD in the cayenne.

Does your porker have a separate DVD? I know there is workaround using overlay screen for the GT using mapking map.

Friends new GT also doesn't have HK maps which is a real waste of the system.

Thanks
J
My Canadian Cayenne and Panamera do not use a DVD for navi data, everything is in the hard drive. I don't have a Bentley, when I was visiting HK, my brother-in-law's Panamera has full working navi system.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Bnf17 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies...does anybody have a bentley with navigation slowness. I also have an audi a8 and an r8, which both systems are great. The a8 has google maps and wifi in the car.. Hard to believe it's the same manufacturer.
Thx

Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
I have a 2013 CGT but I have not used the navigation much yet. I don't find any speed issues with the touchscreen using other functions. I don't recall having speed issues entering the few addresses I have punched in as destinations either. That being said, the "infotainment" systems I have had in late model Audi's and Porsche's have been less than impressive in their ability to get to the screen/function I desired compared to Mercedes and aftermarket products I have used. In fact, the easiest unit i have owned is in my current DD....a somewhat notorious Ford F150...go figure! I seems like I have to jump through a lot of non-intuitive hoops on all the Porsche/Audi/Bentley systems to get where I want to be but on the Ford unit I never had to read the OM to get it figured out.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh yes, the Ford Sync unit. Microsoft did a great job evolving that from their early AutoPC, which dare I say I helped and tinkered with in an early role of that tech. Amazing we did so much back then yet with so very little storage and slow processors with small low-rez screen. Agree Bentley could use some proper R&D or at least seek out a better system. Hopefully the 2015 models will have all the 'normal' tech we expect from a leading luxury manufacturer.

As for the 2007 here, it works well with the 2013 BMW HIGH DVD discs. Entering data feels so 2001 though since it has no touchscreen. Tesla's Internet-aware large touchscreen surface is perhaps the best to date imho.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-31-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 AM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe the OEM hard drive system for the navigation system can be modified to increase memory & system speed!??

Just saying......

Old 01-31-2014, 08:26 AM
The touch screen navi on my almost 10 years old Honda Odyssey works much better than the navi on my brand new 2013 Cayenne S.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Dashington is on a distinguished road
I've completely given up with built in nav systems in both my Porsche and Bentley. I got myself a Garmin unit which I just take from car to car. The only car I use the built in nav system is the 740Li but thats a much newer model.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by Dashington
I've completely given up with built in nav systems in both my Porsche and Bentley. I got myself a Garmin unit which I just take from car to car. The only car I use the built in nav system is the 740Li but thats a much newer model.
Your 09 Porsche 997 is 2 generations behind, the current Porsche navi system has improved quite a bit, though not up to par with some of the best built in systems out there.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Dashington is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
Your 09 Porsche 997 is 2 generations behind, the current Porsche navi system has improved quite a bit, though not up to par with some of the best built in systems out there.
I would hope so. Even when the 997 was new it was quite dated compared to some other similarly priced cars out there.