Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Lost Bentley Key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:49 PM
martin clack is on a distinguished road
Lost Bentley Key

Continental GT 2004 just lost the key,can I buy a VW and re programme it?

Old 02-24-2014, 10:51 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
well for one thing don't buy one of ebay and think you can reprogram it,i worked at a dealer and a customer done that and we could not re-program it. not sure about a vw one though.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 AM
martin clack is on a distinguished road
Thanks.Appreciated!

Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM
JJV104 is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain. My car only cane with one key so I bought a second for my wife from the dealer. $500 for key and programming. Not sure that was a good decision.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:41 AM
carman12 is on a distinguished road
That sounds very expensive, I done a new key for my GT via a local locksmith abacuskeys.co.uk cost me £200 supply & programmed.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I ordered a new style key through a Florida Bentley dealer. By the time the key arrived and was programmed here in Toronto, the total cost was $700.00. Programming alone cost $150.00!!

Old 06-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Mario33 is on a distinguished road
Need to get 2009 Bentley continental key programmed

Hi
Where did you get your key programmed in Toronto?
I need to get mine programmed
thanks

Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mario33
Hi
Where did you get your key programmed in Toronto?
I need to get mine programmed
thanks
Grand Touring Automobiles. You'll need both keys and the car itself.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
are we having fun? it is not boring to own a bentley

Old 06-13-2015, 06:18 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
My missus likens them to Thoroughbred Horses, i.e, 'Temperamental'.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Check this out.

Hello All,

Not meant to hi-jack thread, see link below for key guy.

I know the dealer states that a used fob can not be reprogrammed, but I have spoken to a few people whom have stated differently, one in New Brunswick NJ, and then there is this guy on EBay, plus an other selling used keys on EBay who states he know people in certain areas who reprogram the FOBS, he is the one who gave me the NJ contact, I will be needing to have this service done in about 2 months (hopefully I will be done with the build soon) or so, I have my original key, ignition switch, and instrument cluster, but my original KESSY module is fried, from the parts car I have a setup consisting of KESSY, ignition switch, instrument cluster, steering column, KESSY, ECU's, and door/glove box locks, BUT no Key/FOB.

A question I have is why does the dealer state that in order for all to work together then all these must be replaced together when key is lost or KESSY unit has gone bad, also some other sellers have stated same and listed the following as all pieces needed, Key blade, FOB, KESSY module, Ignition switch, Steering column, both ECU's, and possibly the Instrument cluster, yet others say just the key/fob and KESSY get mated.

Please tell me your thoughts, as I would like to keep my original key/fob, ignition switch, instrument cluster, and have my FOB cloned to the used KESSY module.

I guess my question is, does the FOB really match up with the ECU's, Steering column, Ignition switch, Instrument cluster, or just the KESSY ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321749650511?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Johnny J J

Originally Posted by awdinut
Even a previously programed Bentley key (from another Bentley) can not be re-programed to your car.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-13-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
I was going to get a spare key for my wife and went to the dealer and they told me $750 with programming included. I told my wife they are all out of keys, sorry babe. I am in sunny Florida so I guess they are fairly consistent with the price.