Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

BENTLEY garage door opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 PM
rdsrllc is on a distinguished road
BENTLEY garage door opener

Hi, I have a BENTLEY 2007 and can't figure out how to make my car garage buttons function as my garage door opener.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Alexs '05 will become famous soon enough
One of these two should do the trick.

If they don't, I wouldn't mind trying to figure this out for/with you depending on where you're at in Miami

Old 08-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Gambit is on a distinguished road
I have same year.
It took me few tries but:
1. turn the car on, but don't start
2. seat in the passage seat
3. press and hold button you want to program
4. when lights start blinking ( about 20 sec), hold the garage remote with button pressed above right corner of the dash (about 2-5" from the dash)
5. wait until lights on your Bentley Home link will start flashing fast. release Bentley and garage remote buttons

Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 AM
50redlands is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gambit
I have same year.
It took me few tries but:
1. turn the car on, but don't start
2. seat in the passage seat
3. press and hold button you want to program
4. when lights start blinking ( about 20 sec), hold the garage remote with button pressed above right corner of the dash (about 2-5" from the dash)
5. wait until lights on your Bentley Home link will start flashing fast. release Bentley and garage remote buttons

you can try that, but sometimes on the garage door unit, you also have to press the learn button, because of the rolling technology they no longer program like above, that's how I did mine.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Rabent is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 50redlands
you can try that, but sometimes on the garage door unit, you also have to press the learn button, because of the rolling technology they no longer program like above, that's how I did mine.
Hi can you please specify if you only press the learn button in the device and then hold the homelink button to learn?
Or do you first program with the manual transmitter to the homelink and then you proceed with the learn button? And is that in a 2004 -05 -06 or above?
Thank you

Old 03-23-2016, 08:31 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
mine (2102) doesn't set either. Pretty frustrating.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
It took me several tries and then I gave up. Then one day someone on this forum said to hold your remote 2" from the right corner of the dash close to the windshield. I tried it and it worked. Is this forum great or what.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
I've tried it 8-10 times to no avail. Followed the owners manual exactly for both the fixed code and rolling code options. No problem getting it set with my Corvette though.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I'm late to the party here but hope someone may find this useful. Some of the newer rolling code openers (Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears for sure) - mine are 2014 models -
may not work with older versions of Homelink. My '98 Jag and '09 Continental GT are two examples. Homelink offers a "Compatibility Bridge" #855LM that will solve the problem for under $25 (see Amazon). One bridge will handle multiple doors and cars. The bridge plugs into an outlet in the garage, preferably one on the ceiling with the opener. The one button remote included with the bridge is used to program each button in the car. In the GT follow the instructions in the book and press & hold the remote against the raised trim piece near the right lower corner of the windscreen while pressing the button you wish to program. The slow flash will turn to rapid in less than 10 seconds. Next, climb a ladder and press the Learn button on the opener once and the light will be on steady. Get back in the car and press AND HOLD the programmed button till the opener lights flash, about 2 seconds. Press again and the door should close. Done!