Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GTC vs Maserati Convertible as DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 AM
leahrachel_pw is on a distinguished road
Bentley GTC vs Maserati Convertible as DD

In these following areas, which car succeeds?

1) Maintenance Costs
2) Reliability
3) Rear leg room
4) Overall comfort

Old 08-22-2014, 12:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the year of manufacture of each one. Generally, hear more horror stories with repairs / maintain of the Maser. Rear legroom is a joke in both quite frankly, yet the Bentley has a touch more as I recall. Comfort goes to the Bentley of course.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Maintenance is not cheap on the Bentley but I feel that is expected on both cars.

I would do the Bentley on reliability alone.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Ryan9095 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by leahrachel_pw
In these following areas, which car succeeds?

1) Maintenance Costs
2) Reliability
3) Rear leg room
4) Overall comfort
Both cars are expensive to maintain but that should be expected when buying an exotic. I bought a GranTurismo last summer brand new and haven't had any issues with it. You don't hear as many horror stories with the new year models but generally Bentley isn't pegged with reliability issues like the Italians! Rear leg room on both cars is minimal but if you are putting the kids in the back to drive down the street to dinner it isn't too horrible. Comfort probably goes to the Bentley. It has more of an upscale/luxurious feel, higher quality interior, etc whereas the Mas is more sporty/rough. With that being said the seats on my Mas are stunning and I couldn't be happier. Good luck with your choice!

Last edited by Ryan9095; 08-23-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 PM
rojolo is on a distinguished road
Drive my 05 GTC every day (50 mile commute) - fantastic is all i have to say. The rear seats are a joke for leg room as i am 6'4", but i bought the car for me as I rarely have kids back there. I cannot comment on the Maserati, but Winter's Coming and my GTC will be going out every day

And yes it is expensive to maintain.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I suspect you posed the same thread and question on the Maserati forum? Since I did buy the Bentley I have so say I prefer it overall. I agree with Ryan that the sport verses luxury is a factor to consider. If you need leg room for kids or adults on a regular basis consider a four door as both makers have them. Cars of the same year are not of equal value I expect the Bentley being more costly to purchase.

Both cars are dream cars.