Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How much extra noise does shifting into Sport Mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
How much extra noise does shifting into Sport Mode?

So when I shift into sport mode in my 2010 GT Speed W12 I can't really notice the difference in sound.

Having stated this when I recently drove a 2013 GT Speed W12 the sound was night and day different when I put it in sport mode.

Is this normal?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
You should notice the difference.
Check your exhaust flap actuators, they may be seized.
A good dose of WD40 and manually manipulate them a few times should sort it.
It's unlikely to be the vacuum pipes as the vacuum keeps them closed.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Before I modified my 07 GTC I never really noticed a huge difference in the sound on sport mode. I always thought the car sounded a bit soft for a big displacement sporty car.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Condor Man
So when I shift into sport mode in my 2010 GT Speed W12 I can't really notice the difference in sound.

Having stated this when I recently drove a 2013 GT Speed W12 the sound was night and day different when I put it in sport mode.

Is this normal?
Aside from faulty actuators (which may still be your problem) I remember test driving a 2011 Speed around 2 years ago and I do not recall noticing any significant change in the sound. Even in my 2011 Supersports the sound was pretty much the same with or without the Sport mode when the engine was idle and the car was still. When accelerating it was a lot louder though - a deeper sound. However, in my 2014 Speed it is night and day. Not only it is audibly louder than my Supersports (and that's inside the car) under acceleration, but even at idle on top of sounding louder, it also has a cool sound similar to a mild cam lope. Very cool.

That being said, if you want to hear what sex on wheels sounds like, test drive a 2014/2015 V8 S in Sport mode. Somehow they made it sound like a naturally aspirated muscle car exhaust.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ek1
Aside from faulty actuators (which may still be your problem) I remember test driving a 2011 Speed around 2 years ago and I do not recall noticing any significant change in the sound. Even in my 2011 Supersports the sound was pretty much the same with or without the Sport mode when the engine was idle and the car was still. When accelerating it was a lot louder though - a deeper sound. However, in my 2014 Speed it is night and day. Not only it is audibly louder than my Supersports (and that's inside the car) under acceleration, but even at idle on top of sounding louder, it also has a cool sound similar to a mild cam lope. Very cool.

That being said, if you want to hear what sex on wheels sounds like, test drive a 2014/2015 V8 S in Sport mode. Somehow they made it sound like a naturally aspirated muscle car exhaust.
thank you.

I agree about the later model being night and day. Also v8S is just so nice and I can't wait to buy one.