Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

HMSL replacement procedure

Old 12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
HMSL replacement procedure

I received my HMSL kit last week and about to replace it this weekend. I like to write a how-to post after I am done. However, there is very little documentation out there and the instructions I already have gathered are not very detailed. Anyone out there have complete a R&R process? (the one without removing the rear glass)

Cheers,

~ZaOs~

Old 12-19-2014, 03:52 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
yep,first you need a tiny saw or used to use an air saw. saw the lip of the old unit that is between lite and rear glass. then inside car on left hand side you need to take headliner down enough to access electrical plug, de-pin plug . outside again you will need a mini slide hammer with a screw end, drill 3 holes in lite evenly spread across length. install slide hammer and tap one end out and continue across till lite is removed. cut the wires that go through rear screen glue, using a scalpel start digging screen sealer out where wires are enough to pull old out and put new ones through. in the kit there should be a black tape that you lay down in the groove close to the screen, do that , de-pin the new lite and lay pover clips ready to install. push wires through hole made carefully, align lamp and snap down into clips, beware that once snapped down very hard to get out so make sure your position is correct. pull excess wire through from inside and install connector, reconnect and test before putting all panels back up. thats basically it, hope that helps.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!! @Bentleytech. I did not know about cutting the lip out. I did the HMSL replacement last weekend and documented/took pictures of the whole process. Hopefully, I have the How-To posted here this week.

Cheers,

~ZaOs~