Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Infotainment System no image and won't power off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
rsprance is on a distinguished road
Infotainment System no image and won't power off

Hello, this evening I went out to clean more snow and noticed that the screen on my infotainment system (2007 Continental GT) was lit up along with the Audio and SR lights. There was no image on the screen and it appeared to be flashing like it was trying to shut down every 15 min or so.

Also, if you press the button to turn the radio off it comes back on after a few min. Any idea on how to fix this or reboot the system?

To make matters worse, I recently lost my key so I am using the valet key which of course does not open the truck. I was thinking of disconnecting the electrical battery to reboot it. I cannot get into the trunk until I plunk down $700 for a new key.

Help please!

Ryan

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Powering off by unhooking and hooking back up the Negative battery pole on the driver side of the trunk will likely fix that. But you have to get in the trunk...

Old 03-07-2015, 03:02 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
your battery is low thats why your are experiencing that problem. since you cant access trunk ther is a positive terminal on the passenger side in the enginge bay close to firewall it will have a plastic cap covering the connection.