Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Any E-ZPass alternatives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:38 PM
lefizzet is on a distinguished road
Any E-ZPass alternatives?

Hey all, if you're not familiar E-ZPass is a tag that gets read for tolls and whatnot. Most cars have windshield mounted tags but it doesn't get read through the Bentley windshield because of the metal tint. I currently have a front license plate mounted tag but was wondering if any of you guys have any alternative mounts? The front bumper needs to be repainted so I was thinking about having the holes from the front license plate bracket filled while it's in the shop anyway, but that would leave me with having no way for to attach the E-ZPass. Thanks.

Attached pic for reference

Old 05-14-2015, 04:32 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
That's odd. I have an electronic tag for the French toll roads mounted just to the right of the rear view mirror and it always works fine.
Maybe you have a different system on your side of the pond.
I have to say that that's a big ugly looking tag.
Would it work from behind the main front grille, it's plastic so may be feasible. Trouble is I suppose would be trying it out.

Les.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:50 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
CGT windshield does not have a metal tint. I have an EZ Pass mounted with Velcro strips to the right of the rear-view mirror on my 2014 Speed car and had it in the same location in my previous 2011 Supersports. I use EZ Pass twice a day 3 days a week - not a single issue in the past 3 years.

How old is your tag? Have you tried replacing it?

Old 05-15-2015, 11:20 AM
GGG1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ExSF
That's odd. I have an electronic tag for the French toll roads mounted just to the right of the rear view mirror and it always works fine. .........
Les,

Are you using a Sanef Liber-T tag?

I've used one for a few years in my Continental R for French autoroute tolls but the Bentley Dealer was unable to confirm it would work through the windscreen in my GT.

_______
Graham
2004 GT

Old 05-15-2015, 11:02 PM
lefizzet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ek1
CGT windshield does not have a metal tint. I have an EZ Pass mounted with Velcro strips to the right of the rear-view mirror on my 2014 Speed car and had it in the same location in my previous 2011 Supersports. I use EZ Pass twice a day 3 days a week - not a single issue in the past 3 years.

How old is your tag? Have you tried replacing it?
Ours is an '05 I believe the windshield was changed sometime down the road for 2008. I'm 100% certain it won't read anywhere on the front windshield. Tried numerous positions with different tags.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:08 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
You're right, Bentley did change windshield in later designs due to the metal film... which causes the problem you are dealing with.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:19 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GGG1
Les,

Are you using a Sanef Liber-T tag?

I've used one for a few years in my Continental R for French autoroute tolls but the Bentley Dealer was unable to confirm it would work through the windscreen in my GT.

_______
Graham
2004 GT
Hi Graham.

It would appear that you have the same year GT as myself, 2004.

Yes, I use a Sanef Liber-T tag and it works just fine every time.
The car is in with the Indie over in Crewe right now so I can't take a picture for you. However, the tag is located just to the right of the rear view mirror.

Cheers. Les.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi Graham.

It would appear that you have the same year GT as myself, 2004.

Yes, I use a Sanef Liber-T tag and it works just fine every time.
The car is in with the Indie over in Crewe right now so I can't take a picture for you. However, the tag is located just to the right of the rear view mirror.

Cheers. Les.
Les,

Yes - same year.

The Liber-T worked OK to the right of the rear view mirror in my Continental R and XK Jaguar. I was concerned the IR screen in the GT could impede the signal but good to know you've tried it and it works.

Thanks,
Graham

Old 05-19-2015, 09:38 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
I also have a pass for the French ''autoroute'' and....it doesn't work.

Les, when you get your car back could you send me a picture of yours because I have tried various places and it doesn't work at all, I have to hold the bloody thing outside to make it work

Old 05-20-2015, 04:01 AM
I'd appreciate a seeing a tag location photo too as I'll be arriving at the first toll on the A16 Autoroute at approximately 02:00 on Sunday 7th June.
_______
Graham
2004 Continental GT

Old 05-20-2015, 09:03 AM
No prob's. I should be getting the car back tomorrow, Thursday morning, so will post a picture for you.

Les.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi folks.

Here is a picture of where my Sanef tag is located;

Les.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks Les.

Mine is an identical tag so I'll try it in the same location.

Graham

Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 AM
No probs Graham. Good luck.

Les.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Thanks Les, I will test it today ....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any E-ZPass alternatives?