Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Who do you have work on your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:38 PM
alexob53 is on a distinguished road
Who do you have work on your car?

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the Bentley forum so we will see how it goes. I have recently acquired a 2007 Continental Flying Spur and I am located in Kansas City. The nearest Bentley dealer is in St. Louis, 4 hours away. I was rather hoping not to have them pick it up from here or have to drive all that way to get it serviced. There is a prestigious dealership in town, Aristocrat Motors, who specializes in Rover/Mercedes-Benz/Porsche/Smart/Maserati/Jaguar and I was wondering if you would suggest taking it there. My other options are a VW dealer (since the W12 is 2 VW VR6 engines put together and they had a W12 in the Phaeton) or Audi (another VW engine similarities option). Basically I just wanted to know what you did and how it all worked out. Thanks!

Alex

07' Bentley Continental Flying Spur
15' Infiniti QX80
12' Land Rover LR4 HSE
13' Volkswagen Tiguan
13' Volkswagen Beetle
08' BMW 135i Cabrolet
08' Smart Fortwo Passion
01' Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
90' Chrysler TC Maserati
88' Merkur XR4Ti
84' Porsche 944-SOLD
71' Triumph Stag-SOLD

Last edited by alexob53; 07-05-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The dealer has always serviced both cars, yet if it is just an oil change or small items a VW dealer should work fine. As for the independent you mentioned, see if they have done work on a B and have all the computer/tools/experience needed. For major service and checkups, perhaps the dealer is best as they have all the needed bits and can of course ensure your car has the latest computer updates.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
a VW/Audi dealer also have the proper VAG-CAN tools to diagnose

Old 04-12-2017, 12:43 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...how has the 07 Spur been treating you now that you have had it a while...JimB

Old 04-13-2017, 08:15 AM
alexob53 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jim2331
...how has the 07 Spur been treating you now that you have had it a while...JimB
It is sold now, but it was a good car. We had it for around 2.5 years and it mostly did everything asked of it. Great on long journeys, and a nice soothing back road cruiser. It had some strange issues that would come up every once in a while, like the infotainment screen would temporarily go off or something, but overall we liked it. But we did not like it enough to deal with the service costs and depreciation, simply we were not getting the use out of it to rectify the expense.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:32 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hello Alex...sorry for delay...got in a little dust up with PMS who didn't like my style...
PMS does not see the value in me reading your 2 year old post...I couldn't disagree more...I find your experience owning 2007 Flying Spur very interesting and valuable to the forum population....just one example is your experience with the Bentley Dealer in Saint Louis...in the car vernacular they did a "wall job" on you...ie parked the car by the wall and waited for their convenience to work on it...and to charge you $800 obscene...Am I correct, you seem to rate your ownership experience not great enough to justify the expense...having the 2010 Speed on the other hand has been a pleasure, yes in six years it has depreciated considerably, but that is not a consideration as long as it gives me no problems...JimB