Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hello from a new Bentley owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 11:01 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that Steven, I was a little worried about the heat situation but thats put my mind at rest

Old 08-18-2015, 01:55 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Mike.

Nice looking car. Glad you are enjoying it.
Just for info', my aerofoil raises at about 65 and drops back down at 45. The temp', as already stated, is normal.

Regards. Les.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:56 AM
just finished a full detail of the inside using swiss vax products, attached a couple of pics now the inside is done.

Hoping to get the exterior detailed this week.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4019.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	426558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4020.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	448.9 KB
ID:	426559  

Last edited by MikeH; 08-22-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! It sooo reminds me of the first B that was here. Looks great when perfectly clean

Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Congrats on your purchase MikeH!

Are you looking into custom wheels to compliment her?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Welcome and glad you are enjoying the new ride. No worries about the heat. They heat up to 200 and stay there forever but they do not get any hotter no matter what you do. It will heat the garage for hours also. I can get as low a 11m/g how low can you go? LOL.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Welcome and glad you are enjoying the new ride. No worries about the heat. They heat up to 200 and stay there forever but they do not get any hotter no matter what you do. It will heat the garage for hours also. I can get as low a 11m/g how low can you go? LOL.
Dr: I don't even dare going back into my garage for 3-4 hours after I come back from work. It gets to 100F easily.

P.S. I got 7 mpg during a track day in my old SS

Old 09-10-2015, 03:19 AM
hi guys

iv been having lots of fun with it, i was prewarned that they was expensive to run but having had big engined cars in the past i thought imwould be aware of what i was getting myself into.

however i seemed to forget how much it would cost to cherish the car how i wanted. iv spent a fortune so far just in cleaning products, i now have a full selection of swissvax products, a 0ppm water filter, new home jet wash, 2 different types of carnauba wax

the lowest iv seen is 8mpg, but i think its wasting some fuel as the odd now and again there feels to be some hesitation on take off and the odd rough idle iv scanned it with vagcom and from what i can gather an o2 sensor either dead or intermittent so back into the garage soon to get that fixed.

thanks for the info regarding heat and i too have noticed it runs at a constant 200 regardless of driving style and it will stay hot for 4 hours or more whilst sat out on the driveway.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
P.S. I got 7 mpg during a track day in my old SS
Atta boy! My new hero.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:01 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Mike.

I hope you are enjoying the car, sure you are though.

As for the O2 sensor, just another warning.

A guy recently took his GT to the main dealer and was told that all 4 O2 sensors had failed and it was an engine out job.
He subsequently went to Ivor at 'GT Services' in Crewe where Ivor found that the O2 fuse had blown. After replacing the fuse and doing a diagnostic check, he found just one O2 sensor faulty, that had blown the fuse. 2 hours later the car was fixed and back on the road.

So, another tale of potential woe if the main dealer had carried out the work.

I know what you think regarding the dealer stamp but believe me, if you see the amount of cars that go through Ivor's place you would be amazed and reassured that once the warranty expires it's not worth the price the main dealers charge. Especially as they seem to have a habit of getting things wrong.

Good luck and regards. Les.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:34 PM
cutty71 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MikeH
Hi Guys

I picked up the car yesterday morning and Iv had lots of fun with it this weekend, There's tons of power available on tap and i'm very happy with the sound already. I'v not had chance to get under the car yet but I suspect the exhaust flap mod may have already been done as i'm already very satisfied with the sound

I also love the popping/burping sound from the exhaust when changing up a gear when the throttle is wide open. sounds great!

I was happy to discover the TPMS has been serviced and is all working correctly, the roof is NOT sagging, the electric boot lock is working correctly and all the LEDS are working in the 3rd eye level brake light

I managed to acquire the latest navigation disc online which worked perfectly so saved some money for fuel

Not so good points:
I thought the CD player was capable of playing MP3 discs but it refuses to play them so iv had to burn some audio discs until I find can a dice media bridge unit (They seem to be discontinued and i'm having trouble finding anyone with them in stock in the UK)

The back plate of drivers door handle seems a little loose - i'm going to take a look at it when I get some more time and see if its an easy fix.

The engine seems to get very hot, even during just casual driving, the Coolant/Oil temp stays at the recommended 90 but getting out of the car I can feel a lot of heat being blown out of the engine bay, after opening the bonnet there doesn’t seem to be a lot of heat in the engine bay so i guess the cooling fans are doing their job and getting the heat out. does anyone else find theirs runs rather hot or feel a lot of hot air being blown out around the sides of the car?

A little movement in the drivers seat back, I’m guessing a bolt needs a tighten... again will take a look when I have some free time.

Ended up filling up at a BP station on the way home and the best fuel they had was only 97RON and on opening the filler cap it states 98RON, Got about 1/4 of a tank left so will give Shell V-Power a go next time (it sure drinks it quick when coupled with some spirited driving!)

Also noticed the Rear spoiler is opening at 100mph and going back down at 70mph. In the manual it states up at 60 and down at 40? can anyone else confirm this or should I get it looked at? (In the manual it states not to drive over 90mph without the rear spoiler deployed??)

PS: Pics from the garage when I picked it up. I had provisionally reserved Sunday for polishing and waxing with my swissvax products but I spent the day aimlessly driving around and playing with the damper settings instead!
WOW - very very nice!!!!

Old 10-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Wow gorgeous car. I absolutely love the spec...

Old 10-22-2015, 10:14 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Congrats to you!!!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Kingk is on a distinguished road
Congrats

New to Bentley as well. My new partner....

(Still learning to post.)

Old 11-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kingk
Congrats

New to Bentley as well. My new partner....

(Still learning to post.)

Beautiful, congrats! Did you work with Larry?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello from a new Bentley owner!