Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley's Bentayga Is New Porsche Cayenne... Audi Q7 / A8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley's Bentayga Is New Porsche Cayenne... Audi Q7 / A8

"The Bentley Bentayga will be available with at least three engines: the 521 hp 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8, the 567 hp 6.0 liter W12, and a 385hp 4.2 liter turbocharged V8 diesel sourced from Audi. The W12 engine will make the Bentayga the fastest SUV on earth.

The Bentayga will be based on the Volkswagen MLB 2 (aka MLB Evo) platform that will also underpin the next generation Audi Q7 and the next generation Audi A8."

Pics and info at www.carnewschina.com/2015/08/12/bentley-bentayga-suv-leaked-completely-in-china-in-full-118-glory/

Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
c'mon, they are not going to fit a DIESEL in a Bentley!! I can't believe that they are going to make such a marketing mistake....

Old 09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I'm waiting for the pickup truck.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL Dr. D!

How about a Bentley 'Smart Car' to compete with the Mini and Punto?

Old 09-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
LOL Dr. D!

How about a Bentley 'Smart Car' to compete with the Mini and Punto?
Exactly! And then a big borro with a Big "B" branded into the side of him.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Dr. D, I got it!

Bentley, a company that is celebrating their decades of grand heritage, is now offering the Racerbodega that spots a 4.5L supercharged 4 cylinder engine. As with other legendary automobiles from Bentley, the crew from Crewe will include a mechanic to sit beside you as the scenery magically passes by at a smooth yet swift pace.

"We are meeting the desires of our customers," says Bentley CEO Wolfgang Dürheimer. "Due to the constant need for refinements of our products, we always want to ensure our clients needs are met in a timely manner. By going back to our racing heritage, the Racerbodega is both a home away from home as your own personal mechanic sits beside you ensuring both passengers reach your destination be it a winery or the supermarket. With so many Bentley owners understanding the constant need for servicing and high costs accordingly, the Bentley Racerbodega comes standard with its own personal service technician* at no additional charge. There is no other automobile company and Le Mans winner that provides such excellent refinements as Bentley. We are proud to be the first to offer this truly personal touch to our customers and in also bringing back Bentley's widely-known history and tradition in legendary motor racing."

* Prices start at $1,200,000 not including food and housing for the non-optional mechanic, which must be supplied per the owner's agreement. Bentley makes no claims to any household or other damages that may be caused by the mechanic, including but not limited to admiring your daughter, or son, as the case may be. Bentley is one of the UK's most respected employers and the Racerbodega continues our quest to supply excellent jobs for our employees.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-02-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM
OMG! Is this true???? I have to google Racerbodega what ever that is. Are they admitting that the car is so fragile it can't get you where you are going without breaking down? Or are they saying that the price is so ridiculous that it buys a human being as a byproduct??

Apparently I am not a real bentley customer because i do not need all that ****!

Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Am half joking in my post above. As a writer, I simply followed the same basic feel of the typical Bentley press release. Kinda boring and highly predictable writing actually.

Bentley cars are not that fragile, though costs to keep them operating per factory is..... BTW, my local B dealer friend said to be careful about heat as it causes problems with the sealing of the rear window. Umm, already had that problem.... Twice here in cold New England(!). Thankfully a relatively easy DIY job to fix. Yeah, I've had problems never posted here so as to not sound too whiny about the lackluster build quality.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
I have the 4.2 twin turbo diesel engine in my audi q7 and it is a very very good engine with tons of torque.... However IMO Bentley have dropped the ball here by not using the 6.0 v12 tdi off the Audi shelf.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM
When completing your options checklist before ordering your £160,200 Bentayga Will you tick to add the £150,000 Breitling Mulliner Tourbillon Dash Clock?

“A bespoke mechanical Mulliner Tourbillon by Breitling clock can also be specified. The most complex of watch mechanisms, the Mulliner Tourbillon is automatically wound periodically by a dedicated high-precision winding mechanism within the car. This masterpiece is machined in solid gold (customers can select from either rose or white gold), with a choice of either a mother-of-pearl or black ebony face and decorated with eight diamond indexes.”

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bentayga.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	432517  

Last edited by MikeH; 11-11-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:44 PM
(Humor) Bentley reeeeally dropped the ball here as everyone knows it needs to include a minute repeater (to hear what time it is to safely keep your eyes on the road), moonphase (to know when you can safely speed on the highway with the headlights off) and of course chronometer complication (to keep track of lap times).

PS: White gold is so low-brow bottom line, they should have offered platinum instead.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:20 AM
You havnt seen the best part yet... search bentayga clock in youtube and watch it rotate itself 3 times EVERY 15 minutes!! Its the most distracting dash clock I have ever seen

Old 11-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by MikeH
When completing your options checklist before ordering your £160,200 Bentayga Will you tick to add the £150,000 Breitling Mulliner Tourbillon Dash Clock?

“”
I'm sorry have I misread this??? Is the car 160K and the clock a 150K option??? The clock nearly equal the cost of the whole vehicle???

Old 11-12-2015, 09:15 AM
One of my assistants points out that if i cash in my IRA I can get the vehicle or the clock but not both.:conf used: My IRA is not my major retirement account fortunately.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I'm sorry have I misread this??? Is the car 160K and the clock a 150K option??? The clock nearly equal the cost of the whole vehicle???

Yes Dr D you are reading correct.

So when you have finished adding....
Naim Audio
Heads-Up Display
Infrared Cameras
Adaptive Cruise Control - With Steering Control In Traffic
Rear Tablet Computers
Thick Lambs Wool Carpets
Folding Quilted Leather 'Event Seat' (Turn the rear boot lip into a posh sofa)
Off road pack (Snow & Grass, Dirt & Gravel, Mud & Trail and Sand Dunes Modes)

You will be lucky to get any change from a cool 400k! Just the thought of the depreciation is making my eyes water......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley's Bentayga Is New Porsche Cayenne... Audi Q7 / A8