Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Centre console slider repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:36 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Centre console slider repair

lets hope nobody ever has this happen to them

Going to attempt to reglue maybe using 3m vhb tape or something else with good grab. they are actually numbered. its on over-engineered system in my opinion a simple wood door would have been ok not this crazy slider system with double sided tape to hold the wood pieces in.,

big thanks to Johnny hotspur for the tips to get at this part, half the battle is to get it removed if its the backseat one, the front seat one is easy. this one is the backseat one.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:17 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I've been there. I agree: BAD DESIGN. When I first got my B, the rear cover would only open half way. Turns out, the stop on the bottom of the track was open and part of the assembly fell down into the cavity. Someone obviously tried to force it which caused the cross-members to detach from the membrane and fall down into the console. As you say, the cross-members are numbered and I made a new membrane (to hold them together). I then used strong contact cement to glue the membrane to the cross-members. Five years later, the fix is still holding the "roll-top" door works perfectly.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:31 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMS
I've been there. I agree: BAD DESIGN. When I first got my B, the rear cover would only open half way. Turns out, the stop on the bottom of the track was open and part of the assembly fell down into the cavity. Someone obviously tried to force it which caused the cross-members to detach from the membrane and fall down into the console. As you say, the cross-members are numbered and I made a new membrane (to hold them together). I then used strong contact cement to glue the membrane to the cross-members. Five years later, the fix is still holding the "roll-top" door works perfectly.

It is difficult to fit in the backseat to do any work on this car, at least that's what I find.

I did 3m vhb , removed all the old glue and I also greased the track with white grease to help the door slide easier . Seems good so far