Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help with Brake Part Confusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Help with Brake Part Confusion

I am ready to do a brake job on my 2007 GTC and have searched the forum and seen a lot of conflicting information on what rotors and pads will fit the Continental from Audi/VW/other. I have seen that there are differences between NAS and ROW vehicles and so many different options for brands from OEM BMW to Mintex; I do not know what to get!

Can someone please help me (and all others who search this) select a quality non-bentley set of rotors and pads? On my other cars I typically run Mintex pads (OE Manufacture for Porsche), just to give you an idea of what I would like to find.

Thank you for your time and help!

Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Anybody???

Old 06-13-2016, 08:00 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the rears are easy as they are Audi. We have threads on this. The fronts are a bit trickier and think we might be SOL with only the Bentley pads. Perhaps call your local VW dealer as they may know as the Bentley of that year is really just a VW Phaeton with nice interior and twin turbos (basically).

Old 02-15-2017, 12:30 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...Did the rear pads work out...have to go Bentley or VW...??? JimB

Old 02-16-2017, 01:49 AM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
I use brembo front pads with sensors built in each pad, has excellant braking( a little more dust than factory) and the rear is the same rotor on the audi A8 w12 rotors are different on V8 (smaller Hat) Hint Audi and bentley will
use the exact same part numbers but the prefix will differ

ie rear pads bentley 3W0 698 451 J, Audi 8K0-698-451-A the last letter may differ it just means the later build of the part.

Last edited by BentleyF; 02-16-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 AM
thank you...good to know...JimB

Old 02-19-2017, 09:41 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of pads and rotors for the GT advertised on ebay that are not Bentley, VW or Audi. Any experience with them?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM
aleventhal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by onefastman1
I am ready to do a brake job on my 2007 GTC and have searched the forum and seen a lot of conflicting information on what rotors and pads will fit the Continental from Audi/VW/other. I have seen that there are differences between NAS and ROW vehicles and so many different options for brands from OEM BMW to Mintex; I do not know what to get!

Can someone please help me (and all others who search this) select a quality non-bentley set of rotors and pads? On my other cars I typically run Mintex pads (OE Manufacture for Porsche), just to give you an idea of what I would like to find.

Thank you for your time and help!
I have used Porterfield Racing R4S pads on the front of my US CGT with great results. They don't come with the wear sensors but those cross reference to 2010+ Audi A6. Good luck.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
I ended up ordering OEM parts from flyingspares.com

Great guys and fantastic prices (relatively speaking...)

Old 02-22-2017, 05:16 PM
....what did front/rear pads cost...thanks jim Just the parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.