Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

MB Driver THINKING of Going Bentley. Some Questions, Please.....

Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Streamliner is on a distinguished road
MB Driver THINKING of Going Bentley. Some Questions, Please.....

I'm an older guy who has driven Merceces for many years. I am looking for a new convertible, thinking of a new S550 Cabriolet, but also considering a new V8 Continental Convertible as well. This would be a second car, not a daily driver.

Questions:
1. If properly dealer serviced, how reliable and how well do these cars hold up compared to MB? Are they rock solid or are there always nagging issues?
2. How long of an extended warranty does Bentley offer, years & mileage? Any idea as to cost?
3. How often does the car need to be serviced, approx. costs?
4. With my S550 sedan, MB pretty much falls all over themselves to correct any problems. What is it like a with a Bentley?

I live in Newport Beach and can actually walk to the Bentley dealer. Anyone have experience with them, good or bad?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated, thanks!

Old 06-25-2016, 03:25 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the board. Check a few recent threads and you'll get a better idea about many of your questions. Have you considered a nice Jaguar, they include service and come with an outstanding warranty too.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Streamliner is on a distinguished road
Thanks. To me, the lure of the Bentley is how it looks and the wonderful colors that are available for the interior and exterior. I don't care for the Jag and I want a very comfortable convertible. I feel that my choices are the MB S Class Cabriolet, the MB SL, the Continental and the new RR Dawn, which I could probably never bring myself to spend the money for. The MB colors and interiors are so Germanic and terribly unexciting, which has brought me to the Bentley. All that said, I now find that there will probably be a new Continental next year. Decisions, decisions.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:51 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh ok and Mercedes are solid cars. Was admiring an S class just today as the GTC is getting tiresome. Read some of the threads here and you can get a better idea on things. My friend loves MBs and has done over 1,000,000 miles on them. Really solid cars.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
i have a 08 spur and a 09 s550
compare both car i think the vw base bentley has less trouble or i m just dump luck.
my s550 when it hit 50 k miles it need a lot of repair
1st : command went bad. 8 k at dealer but i found an ebay one to put in.. cost 1.5 k
2nd : various suspension issue like control arm wear out, new tandem pump for abc noise
3rd : need whole set of engine mount for humbing noise inside car
4th : need new radiator fan also.. this one die left me off side of the road.
5th : water pump replacement also

other than that it is a rock solid car, no engine and trans issue.

the bentley so far no problem at all, more sporty ride.. but for the comfort i give mb the extra due to abc suspension i guess.

the bentley can cross a lot of part from vw make the part for the car cheaper to buy.. but the bentley part only will be really expensive

air suspension can replace the air spring only which very cheap less than $200/strut

Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hows things in Newport B...used to have place in Big Canyon...Love San Francisco...What did you finally arrive with...JimB Is Joe Crevier still around...