Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2008 bentley continental flying spur turbo problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:05 AM
mustang331 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 bentley continental flying spur turbo problems

on a 2008 bentley continental flying spur i am getting codes 00579 which is turbo wastegate solenoid A and code 01348 exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit bank 1. I have been told the wastegate solenoid is bad and can only be replaced by replacing the whole turbo. the dealer wants 12,000 dollars for a turbo. can anyone give me some advice to fixing these codes or where i can find a wastegate solenoid that is not a ton of money. any advice would be helpful.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:35 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....12 large for a turbo is crazy...how did you work it out...JimB

Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 PM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
give me your vin i find the part no for ur turbo
it must be much cheaper than that

Old 02-18-2017, 02:00 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
There are some recon turbo's on eBay UK for around $600 US.
I guess the engine has to come out to change the whole turbo, hence the price quoted.
It's still an exceptionally high quote though. I would shop around.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Ivan Dejesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Any one now if all the w12 models turbos are interchangeable, need to replace mine but can’t get a clear answer

Old 02-05-2018, 01:34 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Call Flying Spares in the UK, they can help sorting what year/part will work. Your local auth dealer service might also help.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 02-06-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Ivan Dejesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Local dealer literally just told me they can’t give me the part numbers since I’m not going through them to replace the turbos . I️ have a chance to buy a set of 2012s with only 5k miles on them for $600 each . The 12k I was quoted just for the part after the core charge is ridiculous!!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ivan Dejesus
Local dealer literally just told me they can’t give me the part numbers since I’m not going through them to replace the turbos . I️ have a chance to buy a set of 2012s with only 5k miles on them for $600 each . The 12k I was quoted just for the part after the core charge is ridiculous!!
Ivan,
Give me a call.

Johnny 908-507-6357

Old 02-06-2018, 12:02 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ivan Dejesus
Local dealer literally just told me they can’t give me the part numbers since I’m not going through them to replace the turbos .
And this is legal.... how?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.