Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Steering defective workshop merry xmas :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 01:40 PM
mark heath is an unknown quantity at this point
Steering defective workshop merry xmas :-(

Hi guys im new to the forum any help would be great as im at my witts end story goes i bought a gt about 5 weeks ago and already have what i think was a major issue .

The car has i think de-mobilized itself some how i kept getting a sporadic steering defective workshop light most mornings but id read somewhere this is normally down to low battery and as the car had been standing for a few weeks prior to me buying it i thought i wouldreplace the batteries and it would solve the problem

2 days after replacing the batteries the light come on again when i entered the vehicle i tried starting it and it would not turn at all i then tried the 2nd battery method of starting still nothing

At the moment the car is stuck in Park with the electric handbrake on i also cannot get into the cars Ecu with my vag software as the ignition wont turn on so access is not available

My first thoughts was it must be the kessy module so i took this out from the passenger footwell and sent it to autotronics who repair kessys in the midlands they sent it back having checked it over and its all fine .

Im now thinking it could be the steering column actuator or module does anybody have any experience with this type of job ?

I have seen a 2nd hand one on ebay that looks okay for £290 but im thinking it will have to be coded in with Vas or VCDS ? also if the 2nd hand column has an internal code will i need that code as well before i code it into my vehicle ?

Other than that i may have to bite the bullet admit defeat and get it lifted to Bentley where they will replace everything with new and charge me the price of a small mortgage

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mark

Old 12-24-2016, 03:00 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Mark.

My best advice if you get totally stuck is to have a chat with my Indy. He's in Crewe, not very far from you. There is nothing this guy doesn't know about these cars and a few members on here will thoroughly recommend him. Those same people will also tell you to avoid the main stealer like the plague.
If you Google GT Services in Radway Green, Crewe you will find him.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Les.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:20 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
+1 For Ivor at GT Services.

Your symptoms are not something iv seen or heard of before but if anyone can fix it, its him and your probably only 30 minutes from him.

As you are already aware the dealer will charge a fortune and there is no guarantee their work will even resolve the problem properly.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:29 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hello from San Francisco....how did you resolve your steering issue...it sounds horrendous ...JimB

Old 02-02-2017, 11:33 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....what is this kissy module...I have seen often mentioned but have no clue...in reading your symptoms it almost seems like it is a security anti theft lock up...but I know nothing go these things...but we have people here who really are knowledgeable....JimB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.