Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2016 Bentley GTC W12 vs V8S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:35 PM
blargh9 is on a distinguished road
2016 Bentley GTC W12 vs V8S

I'm deciding between a W12 and V8S.

W12 has everything but isn't the ideal color I want. It's white sand.

V8S is the color I like better (thunder metallic). But it doesn't have neck warmers. I like everything else on it.

How useful are the neck warmers? Part of me thinks the neck warmers are just gonna be a gadget feature I won't use that often And that I will like having the color I like more.

Any thoughts?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
My car is an older model so I can vouch as to the usefulness of the neck warmers but I doubt I'd use them much. If it's really that cold i'll put the top up. I would rather see cooling of the neck for hot days when the temperatures are high and you might be putting up the top for AC.

Looks trumps function in most cases. I'd have more of an issue with the differences in the motors. Cost is another big factor for some guys.

Good hunting.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:35 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blargh9
I'm deciding between a W12 and V8S.

W12 has everything but isn't the ideal color I want. It's white sand.

V8S is the color I like better (thunder metallic). But it doesn't have neck warmers. I like everything else on it.

How useful are the neck warmers? Part of me thinks the neck warmers are just gonna be a gadget feature I won't use that often And that I will like having the color I like more.

Any thoughts?
They definitely work. I drove a V8S GTC for a week last year and used them on colder days. It feels great to have hot air blown on your neck. If you are older and prone to getting sick from cold air blowing on your neck and head, you could benefit from them. I dont know if they would influence my decision on the car though. It's not very significant. After all, you could always bring the top up.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:43 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agree it is a personal decision. i'd wait for a model with scarf in the color and option combo you want. Also check used models as you can save quite a bit of money due to the high depreciation these cars. When you're spending this much money you may find that patience is rewarded

Of course checking online with various dealers' websites, both new and used, there are many models to be found. Who knows, you might find a color combo you never considered that makes you smile.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-11-2017 at 10:47 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.