Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

04 -05 bentley GT 50k miles question (need advice please)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 03:20 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
My pump did the same. When the air hose went, the pump burned out due to over use.
The brakes still worked fine.
I bought an Audi A8 pump as a replacement as it is the exact same part and cheaper.

Les.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Fonteno22 is an unknown quantity at this point
do you remember the price of the parts and labor

Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM
neiloakley is on a distinguished road
I think about £200 to £250 maximum.

They did smoke test too just to confirm there wasn't a leak in the system that was causing the pump to run and overheat. No leaks, so pumped just failed through normal use.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:41 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
My pump, the Audi A8 one, cost me £80 from eBay Germany.
It has the same part number as the Bentley. In fact, the Bentley pump is stamped Audi.
I fitted it myself and it wasn't too difficult.

Les.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 AM
Fonteno22 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow so that price for the part wasn't all that bad after all

Old 10-09-2017, 04:08 AM
Crazyrussian3685 is an unknown quantity at this point
About 3yers ago bought 05 cgt with 18k on the clock and 1 owner. Paid $59k for it. All service records included. First year driving it didn’t have any issues except driver side window falling inside the door at one point.. took to a dealer to fix and perform 20k service ($2300. $1400 window regulator +$900 oil change) since that..2 more window regulators at similar cost, few computer diagnostics and resets. About a year ago started transmission shift delay when shifting in reverse, no one knows why? Front end suspension developed knock on potholes, vacuum pump is ON almost all the time, so I figure there’s a vacuum leak. As of now it’s only 28k on the odo so all this problems are time related..I guess. BUT!!!
This is the best car I ever owned, and I would not trade it for anything! Problems will be addressed and fixed. Hope to drive it for few more years and upgrade to Bentayga as they will become available for reasonable $$.
Find one that feels right, but it and be ready to deal with issues as they will be there for sure, but it worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.