Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Wing mirror

Old 03-12-2017, 03:13 AM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
Wing mirror

Hi all, last week I turned the wing mirror back by mistake, so I just pulled it back by hand, now it whant’s to turn way to far in when I use the power button, with the window open it will turn into the car.
I have disconnected the two batteries (may have reset something) put on luck there.
Any help with this one.

THANKS JOC

Old 03-12-2017, 03:28 AM

Old 03-26-2017, 02:40 AM
bump

Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hello from San Francisco...what year and mileage on your car...someone will come on soon with some help...JimB

Old 03-26-2017, 08:55 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hello again....I never have problem with my side mirrors because I have no idea how they work and have never adjusted them...don't even know which switch works them...have a 10 Speed for 6 years...never used the navigation since I generally know where I'm going...never used the automatic speed control on any of my cars in last 30 years...never let anyone else drive my car so never change the seat....don't have a cell phone so don't use the connection...I DO know how to change the clock time, got that down pat...never use the rear T.V. because I have a drive in garage and never use car in this congested City....always wash the car myself once a week....have 20,000 miles on car and stay away from dealer because like every dealer in my 60 years experience with them, they are (less said better)...I do use the Manual Transmission Shifter and my brakes are like new...never have used the Paddle Shifters...I like the Soft Close Doors and the trunk (boot) lid except your screwed when battery runs flat....I enjoy the hell out of driving on our twisty Coast Road (Route1)...While I can't help with your mirror I can help you change your Main (Left) Battery, that I changed with Johnny's help by way of instruction...Dealer wan't over $1000...put in Sears DieHard for $175...I wish Bentley would come out with a stripped down manual transmission car for us old school drivers...I am 85 not 72...JimB

Old 04-03-2017, 05:26 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by joc44
Hi all, last week I turned the wing mirror back by mistake, so I just pulled it back by hand, now it whant’s to turn way to far in when I use the power button, with the window open it will turn into the car.
I have disconnected the two batteries (may have reset something) put on luck there.
Any help with this one.

THANKS JOC
Just an idea, have you tried just manually turn it back?

Old 04-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Ho well, Indy confirms its broken in side (a small part has broken off, it cant find a stop point, if it was off the car it would just keep going round and round) will take it apart when i get the car back and see whats up.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:38 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
If it is some plastic part that snapped off, you might be able to repair it with a soldering iron.

bascially, you will melt the two plastic part together. After I discovered this method, I've successfully repair few broken plastic parts instead of getting new parts.

The repair is strong than any glue.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.