BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Fabspeed/PES 335i on dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Konsept
Bummer

How safe would it be then with downpipes, exhaust and an intake?
it should be ok, but youre obv not going to have a tune tailored for the parameters of those mods.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
you are correct. streamline or bmc should yield a good gain over the stock paper filter. i will be doing the streamline once it becomes available. as long as my car hits ~375 rwhp/rwtq ill be content.

EEG-a chip, air filter, and catless downpipes should get you well along your way, and all for only anywhere between 1300-2300 (depending on the chip you buy).
Hey if your looking for some Catless DP's I have Riss Racing Catless Downpipes FS PM if your intrested I'll sell them cheap. Open box but never been installed since I got rid of my car before I got the chance.Details in pic below.

http://www.rissracing.com/products.cfm?id=1

Last edited by Jmoney; 03-16-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Konsept is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Hey if your looking for some Catless DP's I have Riss Racing Catless Downpipes FS PM if your intrested I'll sell them cheap. Open box but never been installed since I got rid of my car before I got the chance.Details in pic below.

http://www.rissracing.com/products.cfm?id=1
Did you know if you get a CEL with this? or does it come with o2 sims to trick the catless part?

curious how much you'd let it go for though... i kinda want a flash/chip first though but if the price is right and theres no issues... you just never know haha

Old 03-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Konsept
Did you know if you get a CEL with this? or does it come with o2 sims to trick the catless part?

curious how much you'd let it go for though... i kinda want a flash/chip first though but if the price is right and theres no issues... you just never know haha
I'm lookin for $825 shipped you can get some 02 sims from www.bmwjuice.com that will rid of the CEL.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
^What's next?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Konsept is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jmoney
I'm lookin for $825 shipped you can get some 02 sims from www.bmwjuice.com that will rid of the CEL.
Awesome price... if you still have them in a few months from now, consider them sold

Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
wrh3 is on a distinguished road
WOW- I just installed the PES TT-35 Module tonight and went for a drive to try it out, it's GREAT. The traction control light blinks through first and into second and the car just goes. Much more consistent power through the climb to redline (which occurs a lot faster), seems to be smoother power delivery than stock. Installation took about an hour but now that I have done it could probably do it again in half that time- the instructions provided were clear and easy to follow.

I used the PES flash in my Lotus and that's the primary reason I got in touch with Tony to see if they had anything for the 335i- great products and customer service. Props to PES for another fix for my speed addiction

Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
rooster3.0 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wrh3
WOW- I just installed the PES TT-35 Module tonight and went for a drive to try it out, it's GREAT. The traction control light blinks through first and into second and the car just goes. Much more consistent power through the climb to redline (which occurs a lot faster), seems to be smoother power delivery than stock. Installation took about an hour but now that I have done it could probably do it again in half that time- the instructions provided were clear and easy to follow.

I used the PES flash in my Lotus and that's the primary reason I got in touch with Tony to see if they had anything for the 335i- great products and customer service. Props to PES for another fix for my speed addiction

I hope your 335 isn't that new. This tune is by no means V81/29.x compliant. That means this tune can now be detected by BMW. This only applies to cars that have the new ecu/dme or cars that have been upgraded to newer software. I also hope you have a boost gauge. Good luck and get that thing to a drag strip. I wanna see what it can do.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by rooster3.0
I hope your 335 isn't that new. This tune is by no means V81/29.x compliant. That means this tune can now be detected by BMW. This only applies to cars that have the new ecu/dme or cars that have been upgraded to newer software. I also hope you have a boost gauge. Good luck and get that thing to a drag strip. I wanna see what it can do.
Not new at all, one of the first E92s US bound that was ED in late 2006 for the original owner, now at 27k miles. Boost gauge ordered, should be here next week

Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
rooster3.0 is on a distinguished road
Good. Now make sure you don't get a software update at the dealer. Let me know what your boost gauge shows after you get it.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Finally installed my boost gauge and the PES tune does what Tony reported it would do: can see spikes to 16 psi on occasion but consistently ramps up to 15 psi down low and then gradually tapers down to ~stock psi in higher RPMs.

The boost gauge I installed was the latest version from Rick at RIX Effects:

Old 03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
SeattleTTS has a spectacular aura aboutSeattleTTS has a spectacular aura aboutSeattleTTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wrh3
Finally installed my boost gauge and the PES tune does what Tony reported it would do: can see spikes to 16 psi on occasion but consistently ramps up to 15 psi down low and then gradually tapers down to ~stock psi in higher RPMs.

The boost gauge I installed was the latest version from Rick at RIX Effects:

Bill - I have an 07 335 (no external oil cooler). Curious to know how this has worked out for you and if any issues with car, dealer, warranty, etc. I am going to pull the trigger on this or PROcede shortly. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM
It's been a while since I have been on this forum, so sorry I didn't see your question sooner. I haven't had any issues (dealer,warranty,or hardware) and now the car has 45k miles on it.... I just installed RR catless DPs and it runs even better now While the DPs were being changed out I checked out the turbos and there was no axial or radial play which seems to indicate healthy turbos to me..... Our turbos are TINY : http://www.billswebspace.com/335Riss...wnpipesDIY.htm

EDIT: Had plugs replaced this week at 45k miles (20k miles with PES), they looked great with no indication of lean or rich burn conditions.

Last edited by wrh3; 08-08-2009 at 09:41 PM.