BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

2 1M's proudly sold as 'used'

Old 08-22-2011, 02:31 PM
gnot168 will become famous soon enoughgnot168 will become famous soon enough
The stealer never cease to surprise me...

Old 08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor
Formula43 Wheel is a jewel in the roughFormula43 Wheel is a jewel in the roughFormula43 Wheel is a jewel in the rough
I believe it's only a used car if they titled it? If they didn't, it's still a new car.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Formula43 Wheel
I believe it's only a used car if they titled it? If they didn't, it's still a new car.
I think you're right. "Used" is an internal description to justify their markup. Major Fail.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Truble10 is on a distinguished road
I've lived in North Scottsdale for 14 years now. I have never purchased a car in the Valley. I have always brought mine in from out of state. This state is crazy for cars prices and sleezy dealers.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
V TACH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by keeperofbeasts
Sounds like something they would do to an out of production car....1M is not going to be that rare and I dont think a lot of people will be buying so whats the point?
I guess "rare" is all relative--approximately 800 slated for the US and less than one year of total production (one and done)--makes it more "rare" than a Scuderia. Also, call your local dealership and see if you can get one--you may be surprised to see how well these cars are selling.

Regardless, nothing justifies over MSRP in my opinion.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
RimierMotorSport is on a distinguished road
Interesting tactics...

It's my understanding that a "demo" car is actually considered to be used on one level or another even though it's never been titled. As far as the warranty is concerned, it should begin when the car is sold. Different manufactures and different states may have varying regulations but I'm 95% sure thats how things work in CA.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
henryr will become famous soon enoughhenryr will become famous soon enough
$40k over ? anyone verify? who the **** would pay forty over ?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
gnot168 will become famous soon enoughgnot168 will become famous soon enough
"Never titled" is a technicality, its still a used car not matter how you slice.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RimierMotorSport
Interesting tactics...

It's my understanding that a "demo" car is actually considered to be used on one level or another even though it's never been titled. As far as the warranty is concerned, it should begin when the car is sold. Different manufactures and different states may have varying regulations but I'm 95% sure thats how things work in CA.
Per the salesman that was proudly spewing this bs..... "We bought the car, had our broker {WTF?} drive them a bit and put them back in the showroom". They are not be driven. They simply have ~250 miles (Black) and ~350 miles (Orange). I was told that if I wanted to drive it I could put a deposit and offer down, if they accepted it, I drove it and then did not want it, I could have my money back. Sounds reasonable to keep miles off of it, now

Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough

/Thread ?

Are they seriously charging GTR money for a 1M ?

Their marketing department must have had huge bonuses!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
GTR > 1M. Agree..... I was casually hoping forum members would call and harass them so I could go in and offer them less than MSRP, appropriate for a used vehicle.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
The first 1M at my local dealer went for 7500 over, and from what I understand the buyer did not pre-order the car. It's a sick car, but 70k? Might as well get a brand new M3 IMO. 40k over is just stupid. It will be impossible to get it under MSRP for a while, there's just not enough of them around yet.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Surprised Roger Penski let's them screw people like that.They are his dealers.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 AM
V TACH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AceRothstein415
It will be impossible to get it under MSRP for a while, there's just not enough of them around yet.
Again--production of this car is going to end in December. The demand will be greater than the supply for the remaining months this car is manufactured. The only way you will get a car for under MSRP is if you buy used in the future or if your dealer feels like giving money away. I don't think there's ever going to be enough around.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 PM
TR3VOR will become famous soon enough
here's another crazy dealership or stealership. lol

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/06/30/bm...e-1m-by-40000/

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 1M's proudly sold as 'used'