BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Is Dinan the best tune available?

Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
Is Dinan the best tune available?

Picking up a new to me F07 (550ix Gran Turismo) this weekend. in stock form it has 443hp and 479ft-lb

So I'm thinking a tune/flash is in it's immediate future. Coming from the Audi family there were a few options, and the APR and GIAC were great dollar per horsepower values. The Dinan looks great on paper, but not cheap (especially compared to the audi options)

should I be looking at something else too. Goal is to wake up the turbos but not at the cost of a blown engine/turbo

what's the consensus?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:28 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
you should look into PP performance. They just got new dealer in North America. They offer tunes for many cars and runs great + good power.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:08 AM
biohazard is on a distinguished road
Check out Cobb, Active, Epic, or Evolve to see if they have tuning solutions for your vehicle.

I personally run epic on my M3 and used to run Cobb on my 335i.

The Dinan tunes are o.k., they are a bit conservative on power, but for those who want a warranty on their car it would be worth it.

Last edited by biohazard; 06-04-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor
ExcelerateRep will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JoeT
Picking up a new to me F07 (550ix Gran Turismo) this weekend. in stock form it has 443hp and 479ft-lb

So I'm thinking a tune/flash is in it's immediate future. Coming from the Audi family there were a few options, and the APR and GIAC were great dollar per horsepower values. The Dinan looks great on paper, but not cheap (especially compared to the audi options)

should I be looking at something else too. Goal is to wake up the turbos but not at the cost of a blown engine/turbo

what's the consensus?
Dinan products are very high quality. You pay for it, but also pay for their support where a lot of other companies do not compare.

We are dealers for Dinan, Active etc. I typically recommend those two to our customers inquiring.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep
We are dealers for Dinan, Active etc. I typically recommend those two to our customers inquiring.
didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Branford 2Xs a week for work. May have to find time for a field trip to the shop