Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST TPC Cayman Turbo in Southern California

Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
I drove a TPC turbo yesterday. What a blast! Love the turbe "whish" at 5,000 rpm inches from my back. It is also amazingly civil in normal driving. Very tempting...

Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
mrwonder, who's car did you drive? Was it David's?

hope this week flies by while i'm in Chicago so I can come by to try out the kit too !

Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Hey notquitefob,

Thanks for the awesome and quick work on my M3 today. I think the front is settling nicely now. I am going to take it for a spin tomorrow and see how its sitting.

It was awesome to see this build first hand... beautiful setup!

My 997S is in my Avatar....

Jason

Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
unfortunately i'm out of town this week so it wasn't me that you spoke with. glad you got your m3 worked on and it's working out well. i'll be back late tomorrow night and hopefully the turbo cayman will be ready to roll saturday. looking forward to driving it for the first time.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
notquitefob,

Hope you are ready to go on Saturday as you expect and wish you the best of luck. Please let us know what you think after you give your TPC turbo a good shake down.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:46 PM
stv951 is a jewel in the roughstv951 is a jewel in the roughstv951 is a jewel in the rough
so ? Whazzup ? Any progress ?

Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Waiting on a coolant hose from the dealer. Mine had a small chip in it. To be safe, I spent the 4 dollars to get a replacement. Everything is put together minus splicing the ecu harness to power the new pumps. I got more pictures but haven't gotten around to upload them yet. Will post something tonight.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Got back from my trip friday night and had a chance to swing by the shop to check out the car. Everything is in there, just doing some final checks before plugging in the ECU and firing her up.

Only hold up is a small rubber hose going to the coolant reservoir is damaged during install and is waiting for a replacement from the dealer. Once that's back and installed, the new coolant will be added and ECU installed. Hoping to be up and running soon.

I know tons of people are impatiently waiting for me to do my review of the TPC kit, and trust me, I'm just as impatient as all of you. For now, here are the final pictures of the car while it is up in the air.

** i noticed that my web hosting appears to be experiencing a scheduled outage... pics should start showing up in another hr or two. ya... i know they're idiots for scheduling these things during peak traffic hours.

Last edited by notquitefob; 08-03-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:18 PM
VUCommodores has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I LOVE those tips. I can't wait to read about your impressions of the boosted car.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
bugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to beholdbugzysd is a splendid one to behold
I cant wait for a ride!!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
man, you're telling ME ! everything is put together, just waiting on the ECU to go in and some wire splicing to power the water/oil pump plus a few vacuum hoses.

glad I'm not doing a DIY because it's confusing as hell for me haha. probably a good idea that I switched out of electrical engineering and went to computer engineering = p

got the durametric cable in yesterday, waiting to fire her up and go for a spin with the laptop.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
rraicu is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to go for a ride!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
VUCommodores has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So this will have that great BOV sound, right?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Brad Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Curious? Has anyone spoken to the guy who POPPED his CaymanS engine at Pahrump several months back? after sending his car to TPC for the turbo install? It was his first time out in the car (on a track) I believe he lives in Iowa? I was trying to buy his blown up engine (and would still like too)

B

Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Philthy is on a distinguished road
Wow that is going to be completely worth the wait.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FIRST TPC Cayman Turbo in Southern California